A Couple Random Thoughts - Duke, UNC, etc | Syracusefan.com

A Couple Random Thoughts - Duke, UNC, etc

anomander

Living Legend
All I am hearing about Duke Duke Duke. What about North Carolina on January 10th. Since when is Duke the king of the ACC? UNC has won 6 of the last 9 ACC Reg Season Conf championships, and have just as many NCAA championships. I'm getting sick of all this puke talk. You don't seem those little dweebs down there running around hyperventilating about getting to playing Cuse. Were acting like a bunch of teenage girls over Justin Beiber or whoever the hell is the "it" guy. GET IT TOGETHER, or at least let's get excited about the king of the ACC - UNC.

Whether you like it or not, Duke generates more buzz than UNC. They just do. Gun to their head, I bet at least 75% of the posters on this board would choose to see the Duke game over UNC.

Going to both. More pumped to play duke. We beat carolina recently, plus they aren't projected to be as good this year. Duke fans are more obnoxious and entitled IMO.

Lost in all this ticket bonanza is how good of a schedule we have this year. While we have some tough new away games, I really see a great chance at contending for the ACC title this year. Those home crowds will be an adrenaline boost to the team. If we can win just above 50 percent of our road games I see us finishing first or second if we only lose four or five games.

Last edited:
All I am hearing about Duke Duke Duke. What about North Carolina on January 10th. Since when is Duke the king of the ACC? UNC has won 6 of the last 9 ACC Reg Season Conf championships, and have just as many NCAA championships. I'm getting sick of all this puke talk. You don't seem those little dweebs down there running around hyperventilating about getting to playing Cuse. Were acting like a bunch of teenage girls over Justin Beiber or whoever the hell is the "it" guy. GET IT TOGETHER, or at least let's get excited about the king of the ACC - UNC.
Coach K vs Boeheim

I knew so many unc fans growing up in Syracuse (stupid baby blue band wagon). Man did it feel great when Wes and co stomped their top 20 team (overated much) by 20ish points. Can't wait to play them and do it again.

Going to both. More pumped to play duke. We beat carolina recently, plus they aren't projected to be as good this year. Duke fans are more obnoxious and entitled IMO.

I've never been to a Duke game but I did encounter many UNC fans during the 2005 East regionals at the Dome and while not obnoxious they were plenty entitled. Just oozing arrogance. That travel called on Villanova was pure horse s#$%

Remember that call on Allen Ray. All but gave them the title.

The big three of college hoops coaches is Coach K, Boeheim, and Izzo, and Coach K is the most renowned of the three. Sorry Roy.

Don Pitino needs to be in the top 3.

The big three of college hoops coaches is Coach K, Boeheim, and Izzo, and Coach K is the most renowned of the three. Sorry Roy.
If you want to include Izzo in your "big three", I think it would only be fair to include Roy as well. He has more wins, a better winning percentage, more championships and more final fours than Izzo. And, I agree with longislandcuse in that Pitino deserves to be there too. How about we just call it the "big five" with Coach K as the head of the class.

Off the top of my head guys, what I think perception is... forgot about Pitino

I want Jimmy to beat Coach K in a head to head game thats where my motivation is. And on top of that I think Roy Williams is overrated as head coach so no need to say he won NC's .