A few cornell observations | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

A few cornell observations

Good summary, Billin01. That was the first chance I had to see the team -- and they were better than expected compared to previews here. Cornell has an experienced team (other than Jimmy Boeheim starting as a true frosh). Their lead guard (Morgan) could play for a lot of teams. What they lack is a center.

Dolezaj was bullied at the offensive end, lacking the strength to finish inside. Needs at least another year of S&C. For the most part, he stayed on the perimeter, not looking for his shot, deferring to the guards and Brissett. Still, in 22 minutes he had 8 points and 6 rebounds, and he scraps. He is active on the wing of the zone, getting out on shooters.

Moyer is a factor on the boards. I saw a comment above that it was a quiet 10 rebounds. I didn't think so. He gets and holds position and he rebounds strongly. He competes inside and we need that.

Sidibe follows missed shots and gets put backs, that count as much as more fancy moves. That might be his main way of scoring until he rounds out his game. Really like what he is doing now, and wow is there some potential.

Thrope has the look of a scorer. Took a couple of bad shots, but he was aggressive in looking to penetrate. Nice complement with Battle on offense, and it was good to see the top of our zone with two active defenders, both with good size.

I think we need to give Howard some slack and take a fresh look at his current game. He isn't a PG -- not the sort who can be our main play-maker and distributor. But he has improved his shooting and he is becoming a good scorer as more of a combo-guard.
Good post.
Howard part is spot on. He really isn't a PG. Never has been. He is going to be out starting 2 guard next season and he can shoot better than people give him credit for.

Carey
Howard
OB
Bazley
Sidibe

Hughes
Marek
Chukwu
Moyer
Jimmy B
HW

About as deep a team we will have ever had. That said... don't sleep on this team either. We will be called on Selection Sunday

My stream was perfect. Crystal clear all game.

Good for you, my biceps are like cannons, and I'm a relative expert on the falsifications of history(including here). I wasn't alone on the stream issue, as evidenced by other members, regardless of your perfection.