A few game thoughts... | Syracusefan.com

A few game thoughts...

BostonOrange

2nd String
- Clearly we need to get Jerami healthy.
- That said, we also just need to play better basketball. I keep saying that we can play much better than we have been over the last month, but some doubt is starting to creep into my mind as to what our 'best game' really is. We are just so inefficient on offense. How many possessions do we run our sets, get nothing, run them again, get nothing, and then have to improvise late in the shot clock? Way too often.
- Every time we run that high low look with Rak and he seals his man and gets an easy layup I think why the f can't we do that 3-4 times a half?? But...he is so soft sometimes he makes it tough to commit to really going to him. I still think he needs touches though.
- Trevor played ok tonight despite ending up with poor percentages. I liked him creating off the dribble a couple times. We can't count on him to be Ray Allen though.
- We are casting CJ in a Carmelo role and he is ill suited for it. We somehow need to be more balanced.
- Specific to today, I thought we really got outworked, which was disappointing but it happens.
- It seems like the last 10 close block charge calls have all gone against us.

This was a good assessment. Worth a bump.

One more observation: Gbinije shouldn't play on the back line - too small, too out of practice (after a year and a half working as a guard). But he can add something as a guard. Good three in rhythm during our first-half run, and I really liked the driving layup in the second. That was so smooth; we need points and I don't know why he can't do that a couple times a game.

Playing G on the back line is JB's method of treading water. Probably a very neutral deal.
I'm now ready to roll the dice with Roberson and either get a plus or minus instead. My guess is that he will get enough pluses to even out any minuses he gets at the worst.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom