A few thoughts on Rakeem Christmas | Syracusefan.com

A few thoughts on Rakeem Christmas

jekelish

Living Legend
How did he get so good, so fast? I don't think he was as far away as it appeared. And I think that - as bees suggested in another thread - the offseason talk with the coaches did as much to awaken the beast as anything else.

http://.com/the-rapid-ascent-of-rakeem-christmas/

jekelish said:
How did he get so good, so fast? I don't think he was as far away as it appeared. And I think that - as bees suggested in another thread - the offseason talk with the coaches did as much to awaken the beast as anything else. http://.com/the-rapid-ascent-of-rakeem-christmas/

Excellent read, agree 100% with you.

It really is a remarkable transformation. Kid has played his way into being draftable.

I knew last year when I went to that preseason practice [I wrote it up last year] that his offensive skill set had improved significantly, but when he semi-coasted through his junior season, I gave up hope that the light would ever come on significantly.

Boy, was I wrong.

Once he can make the mid range jumpshot a staple in his game he is going to help an nba team no doubt at the 4. He has made some decent big men look helpless this year. It really is incredible how well he is playing.

I will say, I didn't get to watch the game live last night so I'm watching it now...he's gotta get that beard under control. He's looking decidedly Amish these days.

Two things I think contribute to his seemingly new found confidence. 1st is JB has obviously told him he needs to be a scorer for this team, not unlike CJ last year. So he's looked for his offense a little more.

Secondly, with being only center, and knowing he needs to be a scorer, he has literally no leash. He doesn't have to worry about being hooked for taking a bad few shots here and there. I've seen him take some shots this year that he would have been pulled immediately last year for.

He wants it, he wants it bad. The Power of the Mind is everything!!

Great write up. Loved it. And I love Rakeem. I miss him already! (Okay, now that last bit was a great example of the mind's jump from something wonderful to something sad that hasn't even happened yet. Down, mind, down!)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom