A few thoughts on V.Tech game... | Syracusefan.com

A few thoughts on V.Tech game...

SaintTristan

Starter
1. As you look at this team, you find yourself saying about most of the players "he is the kind of guy you need on a championship team." I think thats how you know you have a championship team!

2. At HT - in the chat room - I said we'd win by 10. Was pretty close. But I think its great how this team came out in the 2H like true professionals and just got the job done. Executed.

3. Waiters needs to be a 30 min+ per game guy. He is just clearly our best guard and probably our best talent. Great scorer, leads the team in steals.

4. Triche easily played his best game last night. Streaky shooter. When he makes threes he is relevant. otherwise not so much. Still doesnt know what to do when he is going to the basket - for X-MAS we should give him a map and a compass and an instruction manual.

5. Scoop has been a massive disappointment. No way to sugar coat that one. And against poor adversaries to boot. I think JB needs to give him a month to play through his troubles. Clearly he was better than this last yr and if he can find his game, joy. if not, the old should give way to the new(ish) and DW should be given the starting role he deserves.

6. Bernie is getting f*cked by incompetent people and addicts. At this rate no way he is coming back this yr. Got to win the NCAAs for him. Will make for a good movie. Bernie can be played by george dzunda. The DA in syracuse can be played by Corky from Life Goes on.

After not hearing or thinking about corky for years, I've had two references in the last two days.

I like the spark dion provided off the bench, but we can't afford to dig holes with scoop in if he doesn't get better. He has a month until the Big East season to get back to where he was.

A friend I went to the game with bet Cuse. I assured him we would win by 15. Can't believe any SU fan would have thought losing was a possibility.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

After not hearing or thinking about corky for years, I've had two references in the last two days.

Not all that interesting, but we had a Corky reference last night during the game. Maybe Corky's making a comeback!

4. Triche easily played his best game last night. Streaky shooter. When he makes threes he is relevant. otherwise not so much. Still doesnt know what to do when he is going to the basket - for X-MAS we should give him a map and a compass and an instruction manual

We obviously saw a different game...18 points, 6 assts, and played good defense. Is Triche streaky or does it come down to which position he plays. Waiters makes Triche better...both move ball well; both let the other interchange PG and 2-guard...sure Triche is streaky...but wow when he is going well...and there isnt a better defensive guard on the team

1. As you look at this team, you find yourself saying about most of the players "he is the kind of guy you need on a championship team." I think thats how you know you have a championship team!

2. At HT - in the chat room - I said we'd win by 10. Was pretty close. But I think its great how this team came out in the 2H like true professionals and just got the job done. Executed.

3. Waiters needs to be a 30 min+ per game guy. He is just clearly our best guard and probably our best talent. Great scorer, leads the team in steals.

4. Triche easily played his best game last night. Streaky shooter. When he makes threes he is relevant. otherwise not so much. Still doesnt know what to do when he is going to the basket - for X-MAS we should give him a map and a compass and an instruction manual.

5. Scoop has been a massive disappointment. No way to sugar coat that one. And against poor adversaries to boot. I think JB needs to give him a month to play through his troubles. Clearly he was better than this last yr and if he can find his game, joy. if not, the old should give way to the new(ish) and DW should be given the starting role he deserves.

6. Bernie is getting f*cked by incompetent people and addicts. At this rate no way he is coming back this yr. Got to win the NCAAs for him. Will make for a good movie. Bernie can be played by george dzunda. The DA in syracuse can be played by Corky from Life Goes on.

50% is a failing grade.

We obviously saw a different game...18 points, 6 assts, and played good defense. Is Triche streaky or does it come down to which position he plays. Waiters makes Triche better...both move ball well; both let the other interchange PG and 2-guard...sure Triche is streaky...but wow when he is going well...and there isnt a better defensive guard on the team

Arbitard, we saw the same game. you just dont know how to interpret what you see. not your fault. most here dont. Thus far DW has been just as good on defense. And he is blowing away Triche in steals in less mins (and A/TO ratio as well...). Triche needs to shoot 38% from the three to deserve 20 mins a game and he is very lucky that Scoop hasnt showed up this season. Insanely lucky.

In any event, agree last night was his best performance. Good on him.

When the offense generates quality shots for Triche, he is outstanding. Dion did this in the second half and it paid off. I also liked Triche's drive and dunk in the half-court set.

NYC Fan was clearly visible listing to the left and right behind Boeheim during the post game interview. Good showing!

"3. Waiters needs to be a 30 min+ per game guy. He is just clearly our best guard and probably our best talent. Great scorer, leads the team in steals."

Although I agree with your assessment of Waiters overall skills, I really don't think anyone on this team should play more than 32 minutes a game. There really was no reason to have Joseph play 39 minutes last night. This team is deep enough to insure that no one has to play that many minutes. Further, by giving the time to others, this will play dividends later in the season.

Peace to all.

NYC Fan was clearly visible listing to the left and right behind Boeheim during the post game interview. Good showing!

I saw that too it was definitely the legend

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Only one thing interesting in this thread. I want bees to show his work.

Pretty much says it all...

Thank you.
+1 and lets remember what SWC75 said in a different post:
"Brandon Triche, who had been playing in low gear stepped it up with an 18 point, 6 assist game. He clearly plays better at the point with Waiters at the shooting guard position than he does with Scoop at the point."
...and this why I believe Waiters and Triche become the top guard combo this year...

Joseph needed to play the minutes he did last night. He was the only player who could break down the D in half court for the first 25 mins of the game. Great coaching job JB beating a team that usually makes us struggle.

Arbitard, we saw the same game. you just dont know how to interpret what you see. not your fault. most here dont. Thus far DW has been just as good on defense. And he is blowing away Triche in steals in less mins (and A/TO ratio as well...). Triche needs to shoot 38% from the three to deserve 20 mins a game and he is very lucky that Scoop hasnt showed up this season. Insanely lucky.

In any event, agree last night was his best performance. Good on him.

Cut the crap with calling posters names. The last and final warning.

Pretty much says it all...

Thank you.

Except that Triche was at PG and 3 of his 6 assists were to Dion. Only you could rip a player when they played well, all around, not "just" shooting.

SaintTristan...name is arbitrage...look it up...maybe you will figure out what is means...but dollars to your doughnuts you do not and can not fatham what or who I am...as far as posts on this board...learn to be respectful...

... you do not and can not fatham what or who I am.

C'mon, 'Bees!!!! How often do I get to talk to people who cant I fatham!?!?!?! Indeed, I cant remember the last time i met someone who was unfathameable.

Cut the crap with calling posters names. The last and final warning.

First, I have not called another poster a name. But his name is long and as you know english isnt my first language so I needed to find a name that I could pronounce in my native tongue and was shorter. No disrespect intended to you or to those that I cant fatham!

First, I have not called another poster a name. But his name is long and as you know english isnt my first language so I needed to find a name that I could pronounce in my native tongue and was shorter. No disrespect intended to you or to those that I cant fatham!

Funny how even the shortest of names you like to add "tard" at the end. Heed my words.

Funny how even the shortest of names you like to add "tard" at the end. Heed my words.

There is a reason for that -il n'est jamais trop tard pour bien fairee. It was a peace offering!

Gosh, even when I try to be a gent I get into trouble.

There is a reason for that -il n'est jamais trop tard pour bien fairee. It was a peace offering!

Nice try with your French. But yes it is too late.

I will take that as "it is never to late to do the right thing"and I accept your statement....but really, lets do this: a bet for a bottle of Bordeau to be be cheered at a NY restaurant during BE tournament...winner is who plays better this year...Triche or Scoop...

the george Dzunda was your only good call in years. James cromwell plays jb.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom