A little food for thought | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

A little food for thought

Scoring is important. Assists are important. Rebounds are important. Steals are important. Turnover ratio is important. Free throw percentage is important. Field goal percentage is important. Blocks are important. Did I miss anything?

I'm guessing if we ever lose, the quality of officiating will have become important as well.

I'm guessing if we ever lose, the quality of officiating will have become important as well.

Only if the game is called even on both ends. Are you telling me you never seen a game where you have no call hacks on one end and touch fouls on the other?

Only if the game is called even on both ends. Are you telling me you never seen a game where you have no call hacks on one end and touch fouls on the other?

I agree with you brother. Even a few key calls like against Michigan can make all of the difference. I just think it's more common to notice/focus on/remember the calls that are gifts to the other team rather than the ones that are gifts to us. With the schedule we have, I would hope that the majority of the games we wouldn't be in the position to worry about the officiating too long. It will be interesting to see if we can note any differences with it entering a new conference though.

I agree with you brother. Even a few key calls like against Michigan can make all of the difference. I just think it's more common to notice/focus on/remember the calls that are gifts to the other team rather than the ones that are gifts to us. With the schedule we have, I would hope that the majority of the games we wouldn't be in the position to worry about the officiating too long. It will be interesting to see if we can note any differences with it entering a new conference though.

It's a little known fact but if a referee doesn't make the Duke favoring call in Cameron stadium he is arrested by the local sheriff after the game!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom