"A lot of things are going to change..." | Syracusefan.com

"A lot of things are going to change..."

RoofBeam

2nd String
"A lot of things are going to change this weekend," Desko said. "Things are going to change next weekend. We still have another game to play."

Unfortunately, SU's problematic credentials for even getting into the tournament won't change. You will be able to make a case either way. That is what this program has devolved to. It used to be that the anything less than a final four appearance was a violation of nature's order. Now you have a team that can't even pick up a ground ball and has trouble catching and passing. ...Oh, but there is so much parity.

The one thing that should change probably won't.

"A lot of things are going to change this weekend," Desko said. "Things are going to change next weekend. We still have another game to play."

Unfortunately, SU's problematic credentials for even getting into the tournament won't change. You will be able to make a case either way. That is what this program has devolved to. It used to be that the anything less than a final four appearance was a violation of nature's order. Now you have a team that can't even pick up a ground ball and has trouble catching and passing. ...Oh, but there is so much parity.

So, does this mean that Desko is going to have us "play smarter?" Playing smarter, is what UVA's coach quoted & credited their win on.

Can you link the article this came from?

After reading the article I think hes talking about the overall landscape for the tournament versus SU actually making some changes. Hopefully im wrong

Sorry but those days are long gone if you pay attention to college lacrosse you can see that.
Regarding the 2018 team specifically, they are young and they've been about as inconsistent as I figured they would be. At this point I don't think I'd care if they get left out of the tournament outside of the fact that it would be good experience for all the young players.

Desko was not talking about changes in the program. That is the point I was making. Desko has become an excuse maker and deflector par excellence, apparently without the capacity for any introspective analysis that could lead him to the real causes of the program's decay.

After reading the article I think hes talking about the overall landscape for the tournament versus SU actually making some changes. Hopefully im wrong

Desko was not talking about changes in the program. That is the point I was making. Desko has become an excuse maker and deflector par excellence, apparently without the capacity for any introspective analysis that could lead him to the real causes of the program's decay.

One of the most frustrating things about Desko is the complete inability to take blame after bad losses/performances. Stop tipping ur cap and address our issues and take some blame.

It’s exactly what he’s talking about. The tournament landscape.

Not a big deal but his passiveness on the sideline annoys me.

The Zen of LAX.

We could have this back...

fucuse.gif

The Zen of LAX.

We could have this back...

fucuse.gif

Him and Danowski are the opposite of the angry, yell at the refs/players, raise the bp style like Tierney and Corrigan, and to some degree Pietremala. I like Desko’s zen style on the sidelines (maybe with bit more passion and enthusiasm?) but yeah like Jeremy said, he needs to own up to the bad performances/losses.

Beating the dead horse again after a hard fought loss to the Hoos. Young and inexperienced team only going to get better.

Perfect weather in Charlottesville this weekend. Great venue with lots of stuff to do around town despite the tough loss.

Beating the dead horse again after a hard fought loss to the Hoos. Young and inexperienced team only going to get better.

Perfect weather in Charlottesville this weekend. Great venue with lots of stuff to do around town despite the tough loss.
The problem is, the young team hasn’t gotten better as the season has gone on. They are still making the same mistakes as week one and that’s on coaching.

After watching this weekend, ND is peaking at the right time and we are sliding down the hill.

As I said on another thread, your two best middies have struggled for over a month and there haven’t been any adjustments. They run a player on the first line with 1 career goal and is no threat, essentially playing 5v5. The second line is basically told to hold the ball for a stall. The man up unit lacks creativity and movement. The defense continues to leave men open, struggles with communication and the slide package. These are things that should improve as the year goes on but hasn’t

The problem is, the young team hasn’t gotten better as the season has gone on. They are still making the same mistakes as week one and that’s on coaching.

After watching this weekend, ND is peaking at the right time and we are sliding down the hill.

As I said on another thread, your two best middies have struggled for over a month and there haven’t been any adjustments. They run a player on the first line with 1 career goal and is no threat, essentially playing 5v5. The second line is basically told to hold the ball for a stall. The man up unit lacks creativity and movement. The defense continues to leave men open, struggles with communication and the slide package. These are things that should improve as the year goes on but hasn’t
ND is peaking because they won 2 in a row? Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't they lose to UNC and squeak by Marquette their previous games? This board is too over the top win or lose.

When I saw the headline I was hoping it was from an interview with Wildhack.

One of the most frustrating things about Desko is the complete inability to take blame after bad losses/performances. Stop tipping ur cap and address our issues and take some blame.
Show me in his tenure when he took credit for a win?

I didnt say he did, were talking about responses to loses.
What do you want him to do act like Pietramala? Nothing wrong with giving credit to the other team in front of the cameras.

What do you want him to do act like Pietramala? Nothing wrong with giving credit to the other team in front of the cameras.

Petro doesn't act like an idiot in post game pressers just on the sideline and even thats gotten better the past few years.

As for Desko it would be nice if he put some blame on himself and the staff instead of tipping his cap and repeating the same talking points. Nothing wrong with saying we gotta get back to fundamentals, cant scoop a gb with one hand and turn it over so much especially late in quartrs. Maybe show some emotion for once and try lighting a fire under this team. Everyones gotten way to dame complement in the program

Petro doesn't act like an idiot in post game pressers just on the sideline and even thats gotten better the past few years.

As for Desko it would be nice if he put some blame on himself and the staff instead of tipping his cap and repeating the same talking points. Nothing wrong with saying we gotta get back to fundamentals, cant scoop a gb with one hand and turn it over so much especially late in quartrs. Maybe show some emotion for once and try lighting a fire under this team. Everyones gotten way to dame complement in the program
Seriously? Why would anyone have an issue with him being a class act at pressers and interviews. He's a professional who always summarizes the game and opponent succintly, what is much more important is how he handles matters behind closed doors with his team. Im quite sure listening to some former players that he and his staff dont mince words after film or practice sessions and they have their standards. . Last thing Cuse needs is a jack sss representing the program at the podium. This was always considered a transition year, if we are 7-6 in two years then the beetching is warranted

Seriously? Why would anyone have an issue with him being a class act at pressers and interviews. He's a professional who always summarizes the game and opponent succintly, what is much more important is how he handles matters behind closed doors with his team. Im quite sure listening to some former players that he and his staff dont mince words after film or practice sessions and they have their standards. . Last thing Cuse needs is a jack sss representing the program at the podium. This was always considered a transition year, if we are 7-6 in two years then the beetching is warranted
If the team is 7-6 in two years, the program will be in total collapse and it will take a new coach and 5-10 years to try to get it righted.

Im not sure how this got twisted but no one is asking him to start ranting and raving in post game pressers, no idea where u guys got that from. Creaserat and myself were asking about him and the staff taking more responsibility for the continued mistakes and showing some emotion.

You know what is so irritating? If this young team had the same schedule as 2017 with Sienna and St Johns on the schedule instead of supplanting them with Navy n Rutgers then we'd be 9-4 n many here would be applauding Desko and giving more credit to this young team than bashing it at every turn

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom