a nation holds its breath . . . | Syracusefan.com

a nation holds its breath . . .

moqui

generational talent
Syracuse Nation, that is, waiting for word on Ennis' Ankle

won't really know until he sleeps on it

He'll be 100% Saturday. Not even 99%. Those 18 year old ankles recover within 5 minutes

Syracuse Nation, that is, waiting for word on Ennis' Ankle

won't really know until he sleeps on it
Don't worry. A little sore tomorrow. Fine by friday.

Yeah, it'll be tender for a couple of days but he'll be back to 100% by the Duke game. Anyone who has played basketball has tweaked his ankle like that, and been able to shake it off pretty quickly. He was moving around well enough that it clearly wasn't anything too serious.

They can swell a little but if it was bad adrenaline alone would not have been enough. He doesnt play fast enough for him to have that much adrenaline pumping

I was just saying how the announcer was being over the top dramatic. Rolled ankles happen almost every game. If it was serious JB wouldn't have had him in up 12 with under a min. I expect this to be on the ticker now. :rolleyes:

Wow someone brought up this concern in preseason. Just can't remember who it was.

He stayed in, that was the only confirmation I need that he'll be fine for Saturday. If it was bad, he wouldn't be putting weight on it, let alone playing. I'm sure there was some discomfort, but treatment on Thurs/Fri/early Sat will have him ready to go.

Strongly disagree with many opinions expressed here.

High school: Sprained ankle ... kept playing ... couldn't put any weight on it the next day.

College: Sprained ankle ... couldn't play on it ... iced all night ... nearly 100% in a couple days.

IMO, his ankle should be iced & elevated on the flight home and overnight regardless of what Tyler says. Will our training staff insist on this?(obviously, IMO they should)

That layup Ennis made straight down the middle in transition in the middle of the 2nd half - I thought the 3 WF players near the basket saw him going 'half' speed so they didn't think he was going all the way to the basketball and didn't defend him - turned out to be a surprisingly easy 2.

They can swell a little but if it was bad adrenaline alone would not have been enough. He doesnt play fast enough for him to have that much adrenaline pumping

Check out the replay. He was already limping some at the 7:30 mark. He re-aggravated the ankle at the 5 minute mark. Hope he's okay for Saturday. He looked to be in real pain.

Strongly disagree with many opinions expressed here.

High school: Sprained ankle ... kept playing ... couldn't put any weight on it the next day.

College: Sprained ankle ... couldn't play on it ... iced all night ... nearly 100% in a couple days.

IMO, his ankle should be iced & elevated on the flight home and overnight regardless of what Tyler says. Will our training staff insist on this?(obviously, IMO they should)

And as a 40 something year old man, that same injury requires a week or so of rest and crutches.

I do NOT understand these young kids and their low top shoes. I think we see Tyler in a brace on that ankle on Saturday. And he'll be fine.

While we're at it, burn those GD green shoes please. Two turn overs in the last two games by our sterling PG. Bad vibes from those things.......