a nation holds its breath . . . | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

a nation holds its breath . . .

A couple of years ago when I was still playing football, I rolled my ankle and it was all bruised and swollen. The trainer actually thought it was broken, I couldnt walk on it or anything, and turned out to just be a sprain. All I had to do was get it taped up and put a cheap brace on it and I could play with nearly no pain. I think Ennis will be fine, especially by Saturday.

I've played the next day. I've also been on crutches for two weeks. My hopes are that because there was some forward motion to the roll-over, he will be fine.

I was just saying how the announcer was being over the top dramatic. Rolled ankles happen almost every game. If it was serious JB wouldn't have had him in up 12 with under a min. I expect this to be on the ticker now. :rolleyes:
I didn't see the game but did the announcer say that if Ennis's ankle got too hot, Wake could get back into this?

I didn't see the game but did the announcer say that if Ennis's ankle got too hot, Wake could get back into this?

Announcers get paid to talk so they do. I saw only the second half, but the pace was deliberate enough that it stayed within his control and didn't extend him too far out of his comfort range.

Last edited:
And as a 40 something year old man, that same injury requires a week or so of rest and crutches.

I do NOT understand these young kids and their low top shoes. I think we see Tyler in a brace on that ankle on Saturday. And he'll be fine.

Low-top shoes = ankle sprains
Hi-top shoes = blown out ACLs

Low-top shoes = ankle sprains
Hi-top shoes = blown out ACLs

Interesting. Hadn't thought of it that way. I had thought the overuse of ankle braces was leading to more ACL injuries - not allowing the leg to bend at the ankle and forcing movement elsewhere. Could be similar.