A New Plea for Old Uniforms | Syracusefan.com

A New Plea for Old Uniforms

CA Monk

I'm Woke, But I'm Very Groggy.
syracuse-football.jpg

OR
cuse-group.jpg

To Whom It May Concern (NIKE licensing fee$),
Can we please have the old, non-hipster uniforms back? - without the designer paint wheel colors. Orange blue and white - work with it. And perhaps names and numbers you can read at a glance. This retro look would be welcomed by most of the fan base and probably heralded as a cool throwback thing by the media. Heck I wish coaches still dressed in suit and tie like Connie Mack or Coach Mac. Lest you think I'm a complete Luddite, I do prefer anesthesia to biting a bullet. Go Orange (blue & white).
mack%2B1929.jpg

I do agree. We are a very old Northeastern program and should stick to the old school tradition style...ala Penn State. We're not Oregon or some of these other schools that have 10 variations of their uniform.

It wouldn't be the offseason without at least a couple, would it?

I too renew my desire to see ye olde green and pink of yesteryear. My confusion on the television machine is great with these new futuristic uniforms or blue and orange.

Go Saltine Warriors!

syracuse-football.jpg

OR
cuse-group.jpg

To Whom It May Concern (NIKE licensing fee$),
Can we please have the old, non-hipster uniforms back? - without the designer paint wheel colors. Orange blue and white - work with it. And perhaps names and numbers you can read at a glance. This retro look would be welcomed by most of the fan base and probably heralded as a cool throwback thing by the media. Heck I wish coaches still dressed in suit and tie like Connie Mack or Coach Mac. Lest you think I'm a complete Luddite, I do prefer anesthesia to biting a bullet. Go Orange (blue & white).
mack%2B1929.jpg

The University is well aware of the issue.

The Athletic Department gets more complaints about the football uniforms than any other football-related complaint.

The unofficial count - as compiled by the Department - is 3-1 against the present uniforms. A very large majority wants a return to the Coach Mac uniform.

The school is still legally committed to the present look for I believe two years.

The Athletic Department gets more complaints about the football uniforms than any other football-related complaint.

The unofficial count - as compiled by the Department - is 3-1 against the present uniforms. A very large majority wants a return to the Coach Mac uniform.

The school is still legally committed to the present look for I believe two years.

Didn't realize it was the #1 football complaint but guess it makes sense considering the threads generated on here. Glad they are aware - because I'm with the majority

That's #1!?!? Did you guys know that the Dome doesn't have air conditioning?

Truth be told, I'm not the worried about uni's anymore in either direction of the argument. Just win.

We'll see about that in the next thread that inevitably comes up. My guess is you can't help yourself :)

Truth be told, I'm not the worried about uni's anymore in either direction of the argument. Just win.

In truth if we win, people will want us to wear these uniforms forever. Especially if we change them and start losing.

I do agree. We are a very old Northeastern program and should stick to the old school tradition style...ala Penn State. We're not Oregon or some of these other schools that have 10 variations of their uniform.
If anything this is an argument to keep the new uniforms. I don't want Cuse being anything like that program

We'll see about that in the next thread that inevitably comes up. My guess is you can't help yourself :)

It's more mocking of it coming back up that's so damn tempting

is this 'Elaine's' new series??

thought it was cancelled.

this should be on the OT board anyway...

A modern fitting version of that exact Czonka-era color scheme would be a thing of beauty.
Agree. Pitt did some really nice blue and gold uniforms like this that they wore at least once this year. And we can still keep all the alternates. I tried to be positive with this uniforms but it's just not working. Trying too hard.

Perhaps you would like the winged T as well.