A new stadium for the Buffalo Bills? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

A new stadium for the Buffalo Bills?

Compared to other NFL cities Buffalo doesn't compare. Tough to attract free agents to Buffalo and get them to move their families there. And that makes the team uncompetitive. Mario Williams went there kicking and screaming. He didn't want to live in Buffalo but the Bills offered (and overpaid) so much $$$ he couldn't say no. The fact they have to overpay kills their cap and hurts their competitiveness. The stadium is an utter dump, the training facilities don't compare to other NFL teams. They have trouble selling tickets these days because the area is dead (like most manufacturing towns in the Northeast.) It's a disaster. And I'm not knocking the good people of Buffalo but when you stack up Buffalo and a city like Buffalo to the 31 other NFL cities...almost any other NFL city is just better. Just a better situation on the field and off all around.
Its all about winning. Buffalo will gain interest from FA when they win. For a team thats sucked for over a decade, they sure do seem to fill up that stadium each and every year until the last few games when the last ounce of hope is lost.

As far as location goes, I forgot how amazing Detroit and Green Bay are :rolleyes:

Why does it matter? Why does every stadium have to be an overpriced palace? It's a place to watch a football game. Get a grip.
Because if you want to charge TOP DOLLAR for tickets and charge for PSL's...then you need to give the fans the royal treatment. This ain't the 70's and 80's...times have changed!

Stern said:
Because if you want to charge TOP DOLLAR for tickets and charge for PSL's...then you need to give the fans the royal treatment. This ain't the 70's and 80's...times have changed!
We don't want the royal treatment, fancy lady

ralph is fine. zubaz wearers don't need the jerrydome. everyone says it can't compete with other stadiums. who cares? they're not competing for the same fans.

i don't understand why every stadium needs to be the same. if bills fans are cool with a dump, why not just keep the dump? having something fancy isn't going to draw more people, everyone's already at the games.

fancy new stadium doesn't do anything for an owner in buffalo - what's the point?

cuomo is wasting his time talking about something new when a overhaul is half the cost

The recruits hate it.

Stern said:
Speak for yourself. MOST fans do and the NFL has an image to uphold
Why should you get to speak for bills fans considering you've spent the whole thread ragging on buffalo?

Why should you get to speak for bills fans considering you've spent the whole thread ragging on buffalo?
one has nothing to do with the other.

ralph is fine. zubaz wearers don't need the jerrydome. everyone says it can't compete with other stadiums. who cares? they're not competing for the same fans.

i don't understand why every stadium needs to be the same. if bills fans are cool with a dump, why not just keep the dump? having something fancy isn't going to draw more people, everyone's already at the games.

fancy new stadium doesn't do anything for an owner in buffalo - what's the point?

cuomo is wasting his time talking about something new when a overhaul is half the cost

Like I said, I am fine with an overhaul but you can't just do nothing because the guys wearing Zubaz like it that way. It's not their team to run. Those fans will still show up. Sooner or later they will have to do something, letting it just sit and rot isn't an answer. How did you enjoy the game at the Orange Bowl years ago or that dump in Orlando? That is what happens. I get that you don't like taxes but sooner or later it's time to pay the piper.

Ignore the problem? Sure, it will relocate soon enough. I get this is internet banter but you can't just let it rot. They are actually working on some renovations right now but still needs more

I've been waiting for a Stern VS Millhouse dialogue , this could be better than last nights game.

Why does it matter? Why does every stadium have to be an overpriced palace? It's a place to watch a football game. Get a grip.

I would like an overpriced palace here in Syracuse for SU sports.:D

Speak for yourself. MOST fans do and the NFL has an image to uphold
Yes, an image to uphold. These fans are DEMANDING the royal treatment, dammit!

fans-eat-after-loss-566x318.jpg

images

09000d5d808704e9.jpeg

0417_hooligans_630x420.jpg

Like I said, I am fine with an overhaul but you can't just do nothing because the guys wearing Zubaz like it that way. It's not their team to run. Those fans will still show up. Sooner or later they will have to do something, letting it just sit and rot isn't an answer. How did you enjoy the game at the Orange Bowl years ago or that dump in Orlando? That is what happens. I get that you don't like taxes but sooner or later it's time to pay the piper.

Ignore the problem? Sure, it will relocate soon enough. I get this is internet banter but you can't just let it rot. They are actually working on some renovations right now but still needs more
but it's not as bad as the orange bowl, not by a long shot.

too many people buy into field of dreams bs. building some fancy place for PSLs and mega corporation suits is not going to magically create mega corps in buffalo or buffalonians willing to pay for PSLs. i'd rather lose the team not building a palace than lose the team building a palace

i never said they can't fix the place up, i know they're doing renovations right now.

there's too many people caught up in some phony arms race - as if jerry jones spending too much on his stadium has any relevance to buffalo

Move the bills to Syracuse *cough*

The Orange Bowl was torn down in 2008. Hadn't had an NFL team since 1986. Just sayin
no .

syracuse played in the orange bowl in 98 and ithaca and I have talked about what a dump it was. just sayin

I would like an overpriced palace here in Syracuse for SU sports.:D

I agree if they want to build it, why not?
but it's not as bad as the orange bowl, not by a long shot.

too many people buy into field of dreams bs. building some fancy place for PSLs and mega corporation suits is not going to magically create mega corps in buffalo or buffalonians willing to pay for PSLs. i'd rather lose the team not building a palace than lose the team building a palace

i never said they can't fix the place up, i know they're doing renovations right now.

there's too many people caught up in some phony arms race - as if jerry jones spending too much on his stadium has any relevance to buffalo

I think we are on the same page here with regard to the Bills. Like I said, I don't care to go to NFL games anywhere to be honest, too much BS. I certainly don't want the Bills to leave town. I think you are getting cheaper in your old age though. You may need a new pair of Zubaz soon.

I don't see them renovating the dome though.

I agree if they want to build it, why not?

I think we are on the same page here with regard to the Bills. Like I said, I don't care to go to NFL games anywhere to be honest, too much BS. I certainly don't want the Bills to leave town. I think you are getting cheaper in your old age though. You may need a new pair of Zubaz soon.

I don't see them renovating the dome though.
i'm old about this crap. i've sat in boxes. boxes suck. sat in the jim kelly club. that sucked too. i miss the aud. if i want to go someplace fancy, i'll take my wife to dinner and get some points. i just don't see the point in having pretty concourses to walk through to drink beer and watch idiots accelerate their brain damage.

no .

syracuse played in the orange bowl in 98 and ithaca and I have talked about what a dump it was. just sayin

And dumps get torn down and replaced with better buildings. Orange Bowl was a dump, they tore it down. Case in point! Just like what needs to happen in BUFFALO!

And dumps get torn down and replaced with better buildings. Orange Bowl was a dump, they tore it down. Case in point! Just like what needs to happen in BUFFALO!
if you think the ralph is as bad as the orange bowl you're nuts. actually you're nuts either way

if you think the ralph is as bad as the orange bowl you're nuts. actually you're nuts either way
its actually worse than the orange bowl. It's no battle of champions, both stadiums suck

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom