A new stadium for the Buffalo Bills? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

A new stadium for the Buffalo Bills?

I don't follow NFL issues that closely. But Buffalo seems to have great support in their current area. I understand the appeal of the mass population of Toronto has some appeal, but why does Buffalo feel the need to relocate there?
Boxes, corporate support. buffalo has cheap tickets and doesn't sell out when the weather and QBs and coaches are bad. I don't think it has to be Toronto though. Might move somewhere else

UB will gladly annex Ralph Wilson..

This is craziness. They're considering a new stadium at the same exact moment that the Ralph is getting a $130 million renovation?

And I'm surprised no one mentioned the exploratory panel. Heaven forfend they think this through a bit!

I like the part where the Bills can leave after 6 years for $28 mill.

So build a Dome.
Toronto would support the team much better than Buffalo. However idrc too much about so whatever.

Really? I can see a game here and there. But will Toronto really support a full season -- even ones without many Wins? -- all the time? I've always had the impression Buffalo's support was pretty solid. I guess I assumed the issue was always money for a stadium.

Toronto would support the team much better than Buffalo. However idrc too much about so whatever.
idk. Seems like they were really supporting the Blue Jays when the new stadium was built, and now not so much. When the Yankees play there it's half Yankee fans from Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse and the north country.

So build a Dome.

Really? I can see a game here and there. But will Toronto really support a full season -- even ones without many Wins? -- all the time? I've always had the impression Buffalo's support was pretty solid. I guess I assumed the issue was always money for a stadium.
That's the big question. Can Toronto support a team without many wins? Well we could use the leafs as an example. Have not won the Stanley Cup since 67 and still very well supported. Even the Blue Jays have not done squat for a while and they are supported well. The leafs do play hockey and the bills play football, Canadians will show up for any game with a stick and a puck but idk about Football.

idk. Seems like they were really supporting the Blue Jays when the new stadium was built, and now not so much. When the Yankees play there it's half Yankee fans from Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse and the north country.
Possibly because its the Yankees however, you do have a point. There will be huge hype if the bills come to Toronto and maybe after 5 losing years it will die down

That's the big question. Can Toronto support a team without many wins? Well we could use the leafs as an example. Have not won the Stanley Cup since 67 and still very well supported. Even the Blue Jays have not done squat for a while and they are supported well. The leafs do play hockey and the bills play football, Canadians will show up for any game with a stick and a puck but idk about Football.

Those are supported "well." But are they supported better than the Bills?

IHeartSUFball said:
there's only one team in Toronto and that's Toronto FC got Tix to the opener! That is Syracuses local MLS team.. Shortest driving distance from next one

Red Bulls are probably closer to Syracuse & Philly is probably a wash with Toronto. Three MLS choices for Syracuse, two of which don't require crossing an international border.

Those are supported "well." But are they supported better than the Bills?
Leafs yes, Blue Jays no. Raptors no because well they have been the worst basketball team for a lonnnggg time

If the annual Bills game is any indication, the good folks of TO don't really grasp what football is all about.

Regarding the Blue Jays, you'll need to clarify what "well" means. Their attendance has been below the AL average for the last 14 years. Outside of hockey, Toronto will show up for a winner - but anything short of that won't get supported.

Regarding the Blue Jays, you'll need to clarify what "well" means. Their attendance has been below the AL average for the last 14 years. Outside of hockey, Toronto will show up for a winner - but anything short of that won't get supported.
Baseball. Football is much bigger than baseball in Canada. Im not saying it will work but im sure the games will not have to be blacked out due to low attendance like they are in Buffalo.

Keep the Ralph just the way it is. It has alot of charm. Renovate it if necessary. No need to spend that kinda $$ on a new stadium

Baseball. Football is much bigger than baseball in Canada. Im not saying it will work but im sure the games will not have to be blacked out due to low attendance like they are in Buffalo.

Let's be serious, Toronto is an Argos town.

Keep the Ralph just the way it is. It has alot of charm. Renovate it if necessary. No need to spend that kinda $$ on a new stadium
The Ralph is a dump. No charm at all. I am surprised the NFL lets a team play in a stadium like that. Most of the new stadiums are like shopping malls and entertainment centers that happen to have a football field in the middle. The NFL should have a standard NFL stadiums live up to. The Ralph needs to go!

I don't follow NFL issues that closely. But Buffalo seems to have great support in their current area. I understand the appeal of the mass population of Toronto has some appeal, but why does Buffalo feel the need to relocate there?
Compared to other NFL cities Buffalo doesn't compare. Tough to attract free agents to Buffalo and get them to move their families there. And that makes the team uncompetitive. Mario Williams went there kicking and screaming. He didn't want to live in Buffalo but the Bills offered (and overpaid) so much $$$ he couldn't say no. The fact they have to overpay kills their cap and hurts their competitiveness. The stadium is an utter dump, the training facilities don't compare to other NFL teams. They have trouble selling tickets these days because the area is dead (like most manufacturing towns in the Northeast.) It's a disaster. And I'm not knocking the good people of Buffalo but when you stack up Buffalo and a city like Buffalo to the 31 other NFL cities...almost any other NFL city is just better. Just a better situation on the field and off all around.

You can't compare Leafs support to other sports. Toronto, and Canada will always show up for NHL games, winners or losers. Not the same in any other support.

Compared to other NFL cities Buffalo doesn't compare. Tough to attract free agents to Buffalo and get them to move their families there. And that makes the team uncompetitive. Mario Williams went there kicking and screaming. He didn't want to live in Buffalo but the Bills offered (and overpaid) so much $$$ he couldn't say no. The fact they have to overpay kills their cap and hurts their competitiveness. The stadium is an utter dump, the training facilities don't compare to other NFL teams. They have trouble selling tickets these days because the area is dead (like most manufacturing towns in the Northeast.) It's a disaster. And I'm not knocking the good people of Buffalo but when you stack up Buffalo and a city like Buffalo to the 31 other NFL cities...almost any other NFL city is just better. Just a better situation on the field and off all around.
kicking and screaming? mario williams is country

The Bills need a stadium or a complete overhaul or a move to a new city. It is a dump. The need Millhouse tax money to build it as well

The Bills need a stadium or a complete overhaul or a move to a new city. It is a dump. The need Millhouse tax money to build it as well
ralph is fine. zubaz wearers don't need the jerrydome. everyone says it can't compete with other stadiums. who cares? they're not competing for the same fans.

i don't understand why every stadium needs to be the same. if bills fans are cool with a dump, why not just keep the dump? having something fancy isn't going to draw more people, everyone's already at the games.

fancy new stadium doesn't do anything for an owner in buffalo - what's the point?

cuomo is wasting his time talking about something new when a overhaul is half the cost

the bills will move in year seven of their deal. when don't cut the buyout by over 90% in year 7 (400 mil to 28 mil), don't be surprised when they move in year 7.

cuomo is just covering his a hoping he doesn't get blamed for when they move

Nostramillhouse depresses me.

The Ralph is a dump. No charm at all. I am surprised the NFL lets a team play in a stadium like that. Most of the new stadiums are like shopping malls and entertainment centers that happen to have a football field in the middle. The NFL should have a standard NFL stadiums live up to. The Ralph needs to go!
Why does it matter? Why does every stadium have to be an overpriced palace? It's a place to watch a football game. Get a grip.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diamondmakr

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom