A prediction... | Syracusefan.com

A prediction...

this investigation will ultimately end up with a connection to Indianapolis. And I don't mean the Pacers...

I had my doubts that the NCAA was totally in the dark. What is the possibility that the NCAA called in the Feds?

Isn't there really two options when it come to the NCAA? 1) They were so incompetent organizationally they genuinely didn't know, or 2) They the turned a corrupt blind eye to all the shenanigans... neither is a good look and creates massive problems.

Wouldn't be shocked.
Also wouldn't be shocked if someone there was pocketing some mullah!

I had my doubts that the NCAA was totally in the dark. What is the possibility that the NCAA called in the Feds?

Look, I don't care for the NCAA just as much as the next person, but it's been stated many times that this investigation started three years ago through a financial advisor that was being investigated by the SEC. He blew the whistle because he was trying to save his hide. NCAA didn't call in anyone.

After the real dirty underbelly of college basketball has now been exposed, it is high time for the NCAA crooks to give Boeheim his wins back. A few players got paid a few hundred dollars for actually refereeing in a summer league and a poor kid from a South American barrio had help organizing his thoughts and putting them on paper in a coherent way all the while these NCAA dirt bags knew all this was going on? Give Jim Boeheim back his hard earned wins now you criminals.

Isn't there really two options when it come to the NCAA? 1) They were so incompetent organizationally they genuinely didn't know, or 2) They the turned a corrupt blind eye to all the shenanigans... neither is a good look and creates massive problems.
I think both of those options are true. Can they be corrupt and incompetent. That is the case in my opinion.

I am not defending the NCAA in any way but...

The 3rd option is they knew something was going on but did not have the police authority that the FBI does to actually prove what was going on.

The NCAA chose as its president the AD at LSU because they needed someone who had perfected the art of looking the other way.

The NCAA strains gnats and swallows camels. The FBI is going after the camels.

And in the best effort I can summon up for a mixed metaphor: the camels have come home to roost.

Not out of the realm that the FBI doesn't tell them until the day of because they feel the NCAA is complicit in some way.

There's no reason for the FBI to involve the NCAA.

There's no reason for the FBI to involve the NCAA.

You're probably right, but it's also true that there is no reason for the FBI to trust the NCAA. That's totally condemning of the monitoring institution.

Not out of the realm that the FBI doesn't tell them until the day of because they feel the NCAA is complicit in some way.
The FBI would never give a heads up to anybody until the news hits it cycle. They would never jeopardize an investigation at any point.

The NCAA chose as its president the AD at LSU because they needed someone who had perfected the art of looking the other way.

The NCAA strains gnats and swallows camels. The FBI is going after the camels.

And in the best effort I can summon up for a mixed metaphor: the camels have come home to roost.
Didn't he receive his masters from Syracuse?

After the real dirty underbelly of college basketball has now been exposed, it is high time for the NCAA crooks to give Boeheim his wins back. A few players got paid a few hundred dollars for actually refereeing in a summer league and a poor kid from a South American barrio had help organizing his thoughts and putting them on paper in a coherent way all the while these NCAA dirt bags knew all this was going on? Give Jim Boeheim back his hard earned wins now you criminals.
Unfortunately that issue is Way down the to-do list at this stage of the game.
NCAA execs are running around trying to figure out what part of their organization is in the greatest jeopardy and what to do about it.

Eh, those wins will count again when the NCAA is dismantled.

You're probably right, but it's also true that there is no reason for the FBI to trust the NCAA. That's totally condemning of the monitoring institution.

The NCAA does not lose a thing if Chuck Person isn’t paying taxes on money he isn’t supposed to be getting.

The IRS on the other hand does.

Funny how money tends to always be the reason why things are (FBI raid) or not (NCAA) done.

The FBI would never give a heads up to anybody until the news hits it cycle. They would never jeopardize an investigation at any point.

Well Fran Fraschilla somehow knew like two months ago.

Unfortunately that issue is Way down the to-do list at this stage of the game.
NCAA execs are running around trying to figure out what part of their organization is in the greatest jeopardy and what to do about it.
They should be sued then for acting in collusion with the real criminals for suppressing their competition while knowingly allowing them to cheat and create a rigged system. Sue them for damages on the Syracuse brand.

I'd be surprised if it did. The NCAA wouldn't jeopardize their entire business over some schools that are irrelevant in a sport that's not a hundredth of their revenue maker.

Are they corrupt, probably, to this magnitude? Absolutely not.

The sanctions brought against Syracuse destroyed every credibility the NCAA had with this fanbase because they still can't understand how we're not perfect.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom