A Q&A with Tommy Devito | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

A Q&A with Tommy Devito

He found a couple but he always likes to find new places . he doesn't drink so restaurants are one of is things

When Dad is buying Francesca's is the absolute best. Angotti's, Dominick's, Joey's ( I actually prefer the casual upstairs room to the more formal downstairs) and, if you get out to the west side Twin Trees is a classic.

He found a couple but he always likes to find new places . he doesn't drink so restaurants are one of is things
Joy's fine Italian dining on Carrier Circle, downstairs not upstairs.

Best in syracuse.

Doesn't matter ... 53 questions about almost anything is an abuse of the subject's time and mental bandwidth.

He had a minder as CuseLegacy pointed out.

He/she or Tommy could have ended the interview at any time.

Lol. I don’t know if it’s that serious, but I did find myself wondering “jeez, how long is this interview?” a few times.

Me too. Love any coverage we can get but I was thinking I could read that during my break and it kept going and going. Bailey really got his money's worth once he got time with a player.

Tommy said the interview was fast like rapid fire, not a problem at all . No minder either . anyway practice is 5 days away looking forward to the WR vs DB match ups 2 strengths somethings gotta give
If you read through the interview there was a SU representative in the room. The nameless person is quoted in the interview. They are in interviews for a reason.

"Syracuse.com: Someone mentioned to me that you were going to do agility stuff with (running backs) Moe (Neal) and Abdul (Adams). What goes into that and why are you doing it?

DeVito: As you can tell, I’m sure a bunch of people can tell, I’m not a run-first quarterback (laughs). By any means. By any means.

SU Athletic Communications spokesperson: But you’re not slow.

DeVito: I don’t like to think I’m slow either (laughs)

Syracuse.com: Your 40 time was pretty good, right? 4.6?

DeVito: Around there. ... It’s just another tool to have in the toolbelt. Being able to work, especially with those guys who are so pristine at those certain things, it’s just to have something else that you can turn to."

If you read through the interview there was a SU representative in the room. The nameless person is quoted in the interview. They are in interviews for a reason.

"Syracuse.com: Someone mentioned to me that you were going to do agility stuff with (running backs) Moe (Neal) and Abdul (Adams). What goes into that and why are you doing it?

DeVito: As you can tell, I’m sure a bunch of people can tell, I’m not a run-first quarterback (laughs). By any means. By any means.

SU Athletic Communications spokesperson: But you’re not slow.

DeVito: I don’t like to think I’m slow either (laughs)

Syracuse.com: Your 40 time was pretty good, right? 4.6?

DeVito: Around there. ... It’s just another tool to have in the toolbelt. Being able to work, especially with those guys who are so pristine at those certain things, it’s just to have something else that you can turn to."
I didn't say Bailey did anything fundamentally incorrect, but his judgement is lacking, or at least flawed. DeVito's going to very likely be the starting QB at SU for the next three years. With that in mind, think big picture, Bailey ... pace yourself.

Bailey's going to need this relationship, which outside of Dino, is arguably the most important contact he'll have within the SU football program (or, at least, on a short list). There are going to be a decent number of cruddy losses to ask DeVito about and he's going to need this kid when adversity, hardship and/or disappointment is in the air. That is when things will be measured. What you read yesterday was essentially a 53-question filibuster and as we know, those are rarely any good.

I didn't say Bailey did anything fundamentally incorrect, but his judgement is lacking, or at least flawed. DeVito's going to very likely be the starting QB at SU for the next three years. With that in mind, think big picture, Bailey ... pace yourself.

Bailey's going to need this relationship, which outside of Dino, is arguably the most important contact he'll have within the SU football program (or, at least, on a short list). There are going to be a decent number of cruddy losses to ask DeVito about and he's going to need this kid when adversity, hardship and/or disappointment is in the air. That is when things will be measured. What you read yesterday was essentially a 53-question filibuster and as we know, those are rarely any good.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot??

It seems like almost everybody (besides you and maybe a handful of other people) thought this was an EXCELLENT interview.

Too long? What does that even mean?

PS - You should look up the definition of filibuster.
That would imply Bailey was not "ceding the floor" to Tommy to have his say.

They don't have practices now, and if Tommy thought it was going on too long, I'm sure he would have said that he had to move on to the next agenda item in his schedule.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom