A Q&A with Tommy Devito | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

A Q&A with Tommy Devito

I didn't say Bailey did anything fundamentally incorrect, but his judgement is lacking, or at least flawed. DeVito's going to very likely be the starting QB at SU for the next three years. With that in mind, think big picture, Bailey ... pace yourself.

Bailey's going to need this relationship, which outside of Dino, is arguably the most important contact he'll have within the SU football program (or, at least, on a short list). There are going to be a decent number of cruddy losses to ask DeVito about and he's going to need this kid when adversity, hardship and/or disappointment is in the air. That is when things will be measured. What you read yesterday was essentially a 53-question filibuster and as we know, those are rarely any good.

What? I'm pretty sure Bailey has had a good relationship with Tommy all the way back to his recruitment when they did a thing where Tommy took over Instagram for the day.

There are going to be a decent number of cruddy losses to ask DeVito about and he's going to need this kid when adversity, hardship and/or disappointment is in the air.
So you’re not a DeVito fan, huh? Not much faith in the on field product over the next three years?

I'm going to back SU94 here. 53 questions is a crazy amount to ask. Needs to be like 10-12 tops.

Lol dick move on Lawrence's part but not sure what that has to do with anything.
Was just messing with you. I'll make it more clear on the original post.

Reactions: gbo
So you’re not a DeVito fan, huh? Not much faith in the on field product over the next three years?
I love DeVito. Very excited for his ascent. Breathtaking arm strength. Cannot wait.
That said, we're not a sure things to go 14-0 the next 3 seasons.

53 questions is obsessive in almost any circumstance, but especially for a kid who has thrown 87 career passes. If Bailey had 55 questions, I'm sure we'd have heard DeVito's thoughts on what uniform combo the squad should wear on his senior day in 2021.

I love DeVito. Very excited for his ascent. Breathtaking arm strength. Cannot wait.
That said, we're not a sure things to go 14-0 the next 3 seasons.
That is very different from “experiencing a decent number of cruddy losses”. I too thought the interview went a little long, but so what. That said, I FIND YOUR LACK OF FAITH DISTURBING | Funny Meme on ME.ME

That is very different from “experiencing a decent number of cruddy losses”. I too thought the interview went a little long, but so what. That said,
Google Image Result for https://pics.me.me/i-find-your-lack-of-faith-disturbing-16786928.png
Any loss is cruddy and that is the time that a beat writer makes his money. That is when a choice or poignant quote (non coach speak) or vignette is going to deliver the true story from the locker room to the fanbase. The content he or she gathers in trying circumstance (after a loss, ... an injury is another example) is what separates the good from the great.

For those of you saying that DeVito is fine with this interview, I believe you. But he's just a young pup. Essentially a rookie and he's excited (as it should be). Almost assuredly, it won't be this way next year or his senior campaign.

I cannot help but notice that Bailey was not able to get Dungey to confirm his injuries the last few seasons. And perhaps that is a function of the football program, but good writers are able to work around those barriers and get the story. And that is done with personal connection and respect for the athlete, his family and his time.

53 questions is selfish and not consumable for this reader (me). I don't think I was the only one.

Perhaps Bailey is auditioning for this:

Any loss is cruddy and that is the time that a beat writer makes his money. That is when a choice or poignant quote (non coach speak) or vignette is going to deliver the true story from the locker room to the fanbase. The content he or she gathers in trying circumstance (after a loss, ... an injury is another example) is what separates the good from the great.

For those of you saying that DeVito is fine with this interview, I believe you. But he's just a young pup. Essentially a rookie and he's excited (as it should be). Almost assuredly, it won't be this way next year or his senior campaign.

I cannot help but notice that Bailey was not able to get Dungey to confirm his injuries the last few seasons. And perhaps that is a function of the football program, but good writers are able to work around those barriers and get the story. And that is done with personal connection and respect for the athlete, his family and his time.

53 questions is selfish and not consumable for this reader (me). I don't think I was the only one.

Perhaps Bailey is auditioning for this:

From the introduction to the Bailey/DeVito interview:

"Here's some of that conversation, edited for clarity and brevity. Portions of the interview will be used for other stories in the coming weeks and months."

Dominick’s is the Italian ponderosa. Huge buffet style portions at a fast food price with the fast food quality.
Great food and I grew up going to school with the family. Great people. Had an ex girlfriend work there also so I ate there for 1.5 straight lol. Not good for the belly but tastes great.

I can't wait until Spring Practice starts Sunday and some of you start kvetching about the lack of coverage and information available. I think moderating this forum qualifies me for the job of NYC Public Advocate. ;)
Hoping that the launch of the ACC network opens things up, a little bit, going forward .

Great food and I grew up going to school with the family. Great people. Had an ex girlfriend work there also so I ate there for 1.5 straight lol. Not good for the belly but tastes great.
Heh i wasn't actually trying to complement the place. I used to love going there with my family growing up and loved the huge portions. But then when I got out on my own and started trying other places I could tell the quality of the food was sub-par. Based on the observed waistlines it seems that local yolks don't know the difference or don't care as long as they get 3 helpings of eggplant parmesan and enough leftovers to last a week. So ignorance is bliss.

I didn't say Bailey did anything fundamentally incorrect, but his judgement is lacking, or at least flawed. DeVito's going to very likely be the starting QB at SU for the next three years. With that in mind, think big picture, Bailey ... pace yourself.

Bailey's going to need this relationship, which outside of Dino, is arguably the most important contact he'll have within the SU football program (or, at least, on a short list). There are going to be a decent number of cruddy losses to ask DeVito about and he's going to need this kid when adversity, hardship and/or disappointment is in the air. That is when things will be measured. What you read yesterday was essentially a 53-question filibuster and as we know, those are rarely any good.
I wonder if there is a way that someone could just stop reading, if they found there were too many questions. Has anyone Googled that issue?

I wonder if there is a way that someone could just stop reading, if they found there were too many questions. Has anyone Googled that issue?
That’s a good question.

$20, is 50 cents a day too much to have content?

Not for just one publication, but when you subscribe to a bunch, that becomes expensive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom