A question about future tv telecasts | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

A question about future tv telecasts

did you remove the app and re-add it? the app often gets clogged when it does updates

if you want access you can pay for it, thats a good thing.

If i switched to youtube I would lose so many channels my kids and wife would flip out. less channels very little savings in money and way harder app to use. just losing hockey was bad enough for my son-in-law when they made the switch to "save" money

Made the switch 3 months ago and not looking back. PBS not available yet, but supposedly being added next month. No NFL network which sucks a bit. No Paramount (we only watch 1 show on that network) and no Hallmark, but my wife added streaming for her Christmas movies for $5 a month and will cancel in January. Saving almost 60% on my TV bill and the unlimited cloud DVR is great while traveling.

Whoever you got on the phone needs to get fired.

I've spoken to numerous people, from many countries. I'm about the least likely person to drop a cable service, however...

No Chrome, no Firefox either...Verizon said the ACC wasn't in my profile and would be fixed (whatever that means) a week ago. No bueno.
I use Tivo boxes as my DVRs for FIOS. I know every time something changes with the equipment I have to spend time on the phone with a Verizon rep getting my access reactivated for my premium channels as well as some of the sports channels. This is probably what Verizon is talking about.

I use Tivo boxes as my DVRs for FIOS. I know every time something changes with the equipment I have to spend time on the phone with a Verizon rep getting my access reactivated for my premium channels as well as some of the sports channels. This is probably what Verizon is talking about.

The odd thing was it worked at first, then worked less and now doesn't work at all. The Western Michigan game was like half in, half out.

So imagine this is 10 yrs ago.. someone said they were getting youtube for $50 and getting 70 channels and then someone said they could get 250 channels for $70 + regional sports + nfl network people would jump at it.. now people are taking the far lesser deal and saving money. so Consigliere just what package were you getting that saves you $60 a month that compares to what Youtube has?

Please no one take too much offense to this. I just don't really get it. I am astounded every time there is a game. Whether it be here or on social media, someone is always complaining or posting trying to figure out how to see the game. Why is it so hard? It's not like we didn't have over a year to prepare ourselves for this.

exactly. And we have a lot of smart resourceful people. It’s been a disaster.

Streaming the ACCN through the ESPN app. Used to work, now I get the lock.
this guy did it to you...

he know how you spent your october...

1574803210212.png

So imagine this is 10 yrs ago.. someone said they were getting youtube for $50 and getting 70 channels and then someone said they could get 250 channels for $70 + regional sports + nfl network people would jump at it.. now people are taking the far lesser deal and saving money. so Consigliere just what package were you getting that saves you $60 a month that compares to what Youtube has?
Switched to YouTubeTV from Spectrum. $49 a month plus $10 for Showtime vs. $129 for Spectrum

Between the ACCN and the post standard going to ultra premium pay site I have never been more disconnected from SU sports. To the point that it is very easy to just forget that it’s happening. And I am a hardcore fan, I can’t imagine how many casual fans have been lost at this point.

For me it wasn't so much the package costs, but all of the equipment/DVR rental fees, and added fees and taxes that were being tacked onto the final package cost of spectrum or Fios. YTTV is great because it's a straight 50/month which includes taxes and fees and there are no additional equipment charges because I can stream through just about any device imaginable.

For me it wasn't so much the package costs, but all of the equipment/DVR rental fees, and added fees and taxes that were being tacked onto the final package cost of spectrum or Fios. YTTV is great because it's a straight 50/month which includes taxes and fees and there are no additional equipment charges because I can stream through just about any device imaginable.
This. I was at $220 with Fios with four TVs, whole house dvr, sports package, home phone, 900 internet.

and now with youtubetv, fios 900, home phone, Disney+/Hulu/espn+ bundle we’re at $172. Fifty bucks a month saved, and still have everything I need except Nick which my kids aren’t thrilled about. But f them,we pay for it.

but thats the point yeah you save some money you lost 200 channels and you could have gotten that same cost with FIOS and still gotten the same streaming stuff if you went with 1 dvr and streamed everything else around the house. and once youtube hits home with its price increases it will probably be more for less. you went from 4 tvs to 3 as well so its not really 1-1

i get the saving money but the loss of so many channels and shows and quality of viewing is so much worse.

but thats the point yeah you save some money you lost 200 channels and you could have gotten that same cost with FIOS and still gotten the same streaming stuff if you went with 1 dvr and streamed everything else around the house. and once youtube hits home with its price increases it will probably be more for less. you went from 4 tvs to 3 as well so its not really 1-1

i get the saving money but the loss of so many channels and shows and quality of viewing is so much worse.
No I still have four, and never watched those 200 other channels. I literally have everything I watched on the old system. happy wife happy life.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom