A quick comment about Wichita State | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

A quick comment about Wichita State

maybe WSU could schedule some major home games on the road like say SYRACUSE football does.

I don't think they have control over any of the things they suggested except preseason tournaments.
Gonzaga seems to be able to schedule some good OOC games.

I don't think they have control over any of the things they suggested except preseason tournaments.
They could start by approaching ESPN (or their other TV partners) to see if they could help arrange for a neutral site game. Some major programs have been known to do this in the early season (e.g. Gators both neutral and on the road). Play the Gators in Tampa, Texas in Dallas, Kansas in Kansas City, Michigan State in Detroit, any of the previous year's top-25 programs anywhere would work. If not a neutral court game then play a top program on the road. This isn't football, somebody will bite.

Then again, maybe the Shockers are afraid to be exposed and are willing to simply roll their dice in the NCAA tournament.

Good day for upsets in the top 25. Lowly Temple took out SMU, Wisconsin took out Michigan 6 spots above them and Villanova's getting a beatdown. Unfortunately Wichita St turned it on in the last few minutes and is up by 12.

MSU also lost by 9 at home against Nebraska. :)

"I know St. Louis is some bush league mid-major team in your eyes, but if the top 15 teams played in the country for one game at St. Louis. how many would win? In reality it would be about half. That would knock out a lot of teams. "

st. louis is 0-2 against this week's top twenty-five . thus wsu's only "quality" opponent has no "quality" wins.

Last edited:
"I know St. Louis is some bush league mid-major team in your eyes, but if the top 15 teams played in the country for one game at St. Louis. how many would win? In reality it would be about half. That would knock out a lot of teams. "

st. louis is 0-2 against the top twenty five this week . thus wsu's only "quality" opponent has no "quality" wins.

Ouch! Is that true? I thought they only had two losses on the season.

Last edited:
wiscy and wichita. secondly let's just drop all the talk about last year. nobody cares about last year. that's over.

wiscy and wichita. secondly let's just drop all the talk about last year. nobody cares about last year. that's over.

Yep plus we were also in the FF so big woop. They only bring that up because the resume is lacking.

Ouch! Is that true? I thought they only had two losses on the season.
They've lost to Wichita St. and Wisconsin, both rated top 25 when they played em. That would be their only games against top 25 teams. Outside of Wichita St, St Louis has by far the easiest schedule of any top 40 team.

I've watched Wichita St. a few times this year, and they are a solid, but hardly a great team. They lost 3 key contributors from last years team. Their schedule this year is comically easy. The 3 hardest teams they've played are St. Louis (jury still out), Tenn, and Alabama. I would say that equivalent to California, Clemson and NC State. DePaul or Rutgers would finish in 2nd in the Missouri Valley conference (well maybe not Rutgers).

If they get a 2-seed (far too high), their first round game against a 15 seed will be tougher than any in conference game they've played this year. Regardless who they would play as a 7-seed, or 8/9 seed if they are jokingly given a 1-seed, it will be by far their toughest opponent this year.

and i'm not saying that wichita state is not a good team. they probably are. it's just that they've provided no body of work to justify a #1 seed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DolphinDad

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom