A-Rod will be A-Gone for the next 6-8 weeks | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

A-Rod will be A-Gone for the next 6-8 weeks

Lol im still giving you opportunity to earn my respect, but youve failed more than arod in thre clutch.
Maybe so, but I'm still trying to mentor the young posters like yourself. It isn't easy though.

Maybe so, but I'm still trying to mentor the young posters like yourself. It isn't easy though.
Funny at 35 i think im more mature than you, you cant have a debate without get personal. and ive been here longer than you so im going by the words you spout out mr maturity.

A run in the first inning isnt a clutch situation when theres the whole game left to be played, so in reality its still worth a run but not the same pressure as a late inning tied game or down a run with runners on base, lets say 2 outs and arod strikes out or doesnt advance the runner as usual.
The runs are worth the same. The pressure is irrelevant. Does he produce runs or not?

If this Yankee season demonstrates anything, it's the irrelevance of the "clutch" concept. We've heard ad nauseum how bad this team performs with runners in scoring position. Somehow they still have the best record in baseball. It's about producing runs. They all count the same whether they occur in the first or ninth inning. Give me guys that produce runs. I don't care if they sometimes strike out with the bases loaded.

Funny at 35 i think im more mature than you, you cant have a debate without get personal. and ive been here longer than you so im going by the words you spout out mr maturity.
Do I really need to start using those emoticons so you can tell when I'm serious and when I'm not?

And you're really the last person who should be criticizing someone for being unable to have a rational discussion. Just in this thread, donniesyracuse tried to have a civilized discussion and you just started spouting unsubstantiated bull about A-Rod.

Do I really need to start using those emoticons so you can tell when I'm serious and when I'm not?

And you're really the last person who should be criticizing someone for being unable to have a rational discussion. Just in this thread, donniesyracuse tried to have a civilized discussion and you just started spouting unsubstantiated bull about A-Rod.
Yup i talked trash about arod not donnie.

Just for fun, career postseason stats:

A-Rod: Avg: .277 OPS: .884
Cano: Avg: .258 OPS: .798
Teixeira: Avg: .207 OPS: .637

That's why albanycuse said not to compare them.

Just for fun, career postseason stats:

A-Rod: Avg: .277 OPS: .884
Cano: Avg: .258 OPS: .798
Teixeira: Avg: .207 OPS: .637
You got stats for plate app in the 7th inn or later with the game tied or down a couple? 2 outs with runners in scoring position?

No im asking you, you threw out numbers that dont tell the whole story. Its about being clutch not overall numbers which wasnt that impressive.
Fair enough, we'll just assume that Teixeira and Cano are better in the situations you mentioned because you said so. You are of course the only one of us that watches all the games.

By the way, what numbers ever tell the whole story?

No im asking you, you threw out numbers that dont tell the whole story. Its about being clutch not overall numbers which wasnt that impressive.
He gave you their numbers for the post season when, to a great degree, all at bats are important because your season is on the line.

I'm not arguing that A-Rod is a "clutch" player. I don't even really believe in the concept. My point is that he has been a valuable player for this team regardless of whether he gets two out hits with runners on base after the 7th inning when a game is within two runs.

I'm sure none of his RBIs have ever helped the Yankees win a game, let alone a World Series. Of course all of Jeter's career hits have come at crucial times.

Anti-A-Rod arguments are so old and simple-minded. There is no denying that A-Rod pressed in several postseasons, but to suggest that he hasn't been a significant part of the team's success for nearly ten years is silly.

People believe that A-Rod isn't "clutch" (whatever that means) so when he does get a big hit, they forget it. When he does fail, they add it to their pile of evidence that he isn't "clutch." People do the opposite with Jeter.
I will premise this with I hate the Yankees. People forget that baseball is unique in teams' ability to target and shut down a particular offensive player. You simply don't give the guy something to hit. Make others beat you. When great players get frustrated due to lack of opportunities, they chase pitches trying to contribute and get themselves out. Its no coincidence that lots of Hall of Famers have had bad poor post seasons ( Schmidt, Murray, Bonds, ARod) and lots of average players have had MVP post seasons.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

I will premise this with I hate the Yankees. People forget that baseball is unique in teams' ability to target and shut down a particular offensive player. You simply don't give the guy something to hit. Make others beat you. When great players get frustrated due to lack of opportunities, they chase pitches trying to contribute and get themselves out. Its no coincidence that lots of Hall of Famers have had bad poor post seasons ( Schmidt, Murray, Bonds, ARod) and lots of average players have had MVP post seasons.

You can use your same logic for the regular season as well and it diesnt quite make sense.

How about we table the A-Rod clutchness arguments for 6-8 weeks?

I am amazed this thread is still going.

You can use your same logic for the regular season as well and it diesnt quite make sense.
The regular season is different if you used the same intensity fpr
162 games, teams would get burned out. A great hitter might get an AB against a tired arm to save the bullpen that he wouldn't get in the playoffs.