A-Rod will be A-Gone for the next 6-8 weeks | Syracusefan.com

A-Rod will be A-Gone for the next 6-8 weeks

I'm a big Yankee fan, but if A-Rod nover playes another inning I wont be disappointed. Sure he is a threaat to hit the long ball but never seems to deliver in the clutch. In the field he is adequate at best. Given what they are paying this bum it's time to move on!

Tough break.

Chavez has done well there this year though too.

Yes, we'll be seeing Chavez against all righties now. Hopefully he can stay healthy because he is still a solid bat and a plus glove. But I have to believe Cashman will make a move for an experienced righthanded bat at third. Laird and Nix would be adequate if this were a two week thing, but not if it's two months as it appears to be.

Really? Never?
Never is an overstatement - I have seen too many instances of him striking out or popping up with runners in scoring position with the game tied or the Yanks behind by a run or two. He seems to be great at driving in runs when the Yanks have a large lead. Just my impression.

Never is an overstatement - I have seen too many instances of him striking out or popping up with runners in scoring position with the game tied or the Yanks behind. He seems to be great at driving in runs when the Yanks have either a large lead or deficit.
I'm sure none of his RBIs have ever helped the Yankees win a game, let alone a World Series. Of course all of Jeter's career hits have come at crucial times.

Anti-A-Rod arguments are so old and simple-minded. There is no denying that A-Rod pressed in several postseasons, but to suggest that he hasn't been a significant part of the team's success for nearly ten years is silly.

People believe that A-Rod isn't "clutch" (whatever that means) so when he does get a big hit, they forget it. When he does fail, they add it to their pile of evidence that he isn't "clutch." People do the opposite with Jeter.

I gotta think Nunez is a possibility since he is supposedly healthy again.
Wow, I forget about him. Wonder if the organization would be comfortable with him in the field regularly against lefties. The way he was demoted earlier (at a time when Gardner was down and Nunez was the only real speed threat on the roster) makes me wonder. Obviously the kid can hit and he seems no worse a liability at third than short. If they do bring him back now he's probably playing for his Yankee career.

Wow, I forget about him. Wonder if the organization would be comfortable with him in the field regularly against lefties. The way he was demoted earlier (at a time when Gardner was down and Nunez was the only real speed threat on the roster) makes me wonder. Obviously the kid can hit and he seems no worse a liability at third than short. If they do bring him back now he's probably playing for his Yankee career.
I think the Yankees might feel more comfortable with him, if he plays one position exclusively. I know they sent him down to focus on shortstop, but now maybe they can change gears and have him focus on this third.

Really? Never?
yes most unclutch superstar ever. strikes out so many times when the game was on the line. didnt he end the last few seasons with a strikeout, i seem to recall, hes a overpaid bum. we can pay 2,3 players with his salary who will be more productive and less of a beechnut baby.

I think the Yankees might feel more comfortable with him, if he plays one position exclusively. I know they sent him down to focus on shortstop, but now maybe they can change gears and have him focus on this third.

I would like to see him get another chance, if only to showcase his offensive skills for a few months. But this winter I think the organization needs to decide how he fits in long term. If they don't view him as Jeter's successor, it might best to move him while he still has significant trade value. Being sent down certainly didn't help, but there are definitely teams out there that value his bat and his speed and would love to slot him in as an infielder or corner outfielder. I just don't see him as a good fit as a career utilityman for the Yankees. I think his ceiling is much higher.

I'm sure none of his RBIs have ever helped the Yankees win a game, let alone a World Series. Of course all of Jeter's career hits have come at crucial times.

Anti-A-Rod arguments are so old and simple-minded. There is no denying that A-Rod pressed in several postseasons, but to suggest that he hasn't been a significant part of the team's success for nearly ten years is silly.

People believe that A-Rod isn't "clutch" (whatever that means) so when he does get a big hit, they forget it. When he does fail, they add it to their pile of evidence that he isn't "clutch." People do the opposite with Jeter.
jeter came through in the clutch several times , when we needed a big hit, arod struck out, this is common knowledge, but since you dont seem to understand what clutch is it makes sense to defend arod.

yes most unclutch superstar ever. strikes out so many times when the game was on the line. didnt he end the last few seasons with a strikeout, i seem to recall, hes a overpaid bum. we can pay 2,3 players with his salary who will be more productive and less of a beechnut baby.

Look, there's no doubt he's overpaid. His current contract was a ridiculous move even before the PED stuff came out. But the Yankees wrote the check and now they're stuck. Yes, ARod's skills and production are certainly in decline. But to say he never comes through in a big spot or contributes to this team is simply not true. And to his credit, he remains extremely dedicated to his conditioning and has gone out of his way to mentor many of his younger teammates, which is not something you see with all superstar talents.

Agreed, Arod has never had a big hit in his life. Any time he got a big hit, it was by definition not a clutch situation, since if Arod succeeded, how could it be clutch?

2009 playoffs say hello...he saved them against Minnesota...had a great series against Anaheim and had a few big hits against Philly in the series...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

2009 playoffs say hello...he saved them against Minnesota...had a great series against Anaheim and had a few big hits against Philly in the series...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
hello arod had his best postseason that year, leading up to that he had something like 0-2 hits in too many at bats. hes a bum, over paid bum. if i was him i would be embarrassed to collect my paycheck. i would donate a good chunk back to the yankees to get another player.

Look, there's no doubt he's overpaid. His current contract was a ridiculous move even before the PED stuff came out. But the Yankees wrote the check and now they're stuck. Yes, ARod's skills and production are certainly in decline. But to say he never comes through in a big spot or contributes to this team is simply not true. And to his credit, he remains extremely dedicated to his conditioning and has gone out of his way to mentor many of his younger teammates, which is not something you see with all superstar talents.
his conditioning does nothing when we need a big hit from him, i dont see how anyone can defend him in clutch situations, hes failed miserably tons of times. he came through probably 1 out of 70 times.

his conditioning does nothing when we need a big hit from him, i dont see how anyone can defend him in clutch situations, hes failed miserably tons of times. he came through probably 1 out of 70 times.
You're getting confused here, albanycuse. 1 out of 70 is about how often you come through with a good post.

You're getting confused here, albanycuse. 1 out of 70 is about how often you come through with a good post.
well that makes my % still better than yours. anyone who defends arod and being clutch is not worth talking too.

well that makes my % still better than yours. anyone who defends arod and being clutch is not worth talking too.
The only reason I haven't lost complete respect for you is because I like your new avatar.

Sportswriters and hollywood have really clouded the judgement of the ignorant fans. So many fail to recognize that a run scored in the first inning is worth the same as the run scored in the ninth. I am more forgiving of run producers like A-Rod, Cano, and Teixeira when they fail in a tight spot. Usually they are part of the reason the team is within striking distance.

Think of how many first or second inning home runs A-Rod has hit in his career. You don't think those have ever helped the team win. Does a team's chances of winning increase significantly when they have an early lead?

A-Rod is overpaid (nobody could live up to his contract). A-Rod has failed multiple times in the postseason. He has however, but an important part of this team's success since arriving.

Sportswriters and hollywood have really clouded the judgement of the ignorant fans. So many fail to recognize that a run scored in the first inning is worth the same as the run scored in the ninth. I am more forgiving of run producers like A-Rod, Cano, and Teixeira when they fail in a tight spot. Usually they are part of the reason the team is within striking distance.

Think of how many first or second inning home runs A-Rod has hit in his career. You don't think those have ever helped the team win. Does a team's chances of winning increase significantly when they have an early lead?

A-Rod is overpaid (nobody could live up to his contract). A-Rod has failed multiple times in the postseason. He has however, but an important part of this team's success since arriving.
Dont compare arod with cano or tex. i watch all the games , i dont read or listen to any writer, im a realist and arod has failed miserably. A run in the first inning isnt a clutch situation when theres the whole game left to be played, so in reality its still worth a run but not the same pressure as a late inning tied game or down a run with runners on base, lets say 2 outs and arod strikes out or doesnt advance the runner as usual.

The only reason I haven't lost complete respect for you is because I like your new avatar.
Lol im still giving you opportunity to earn my respect, but youve failed more than arod in thre clutch.