A terrible bubble | Syracusefan.com

A terrible bubble

CuseBBall

Walk On
This has to be the worst bubble ever. According to bracketmatrix.com the last 6 teams out are...

Marquette 15-10... 6-7 in the big east
Tennessee 14-10 6-6 in SEC
Rhode Island 16-8 8-4 in the A 10
Georgia Tech 15-10 6-6 in the ACC
Indiana 15-11 and 5-8 in the B1G
Clemson 13-11 and 3-9 in the ACC

Before last night we were the 5th last team in, and losing in OT to Lville should not hurt our seeding for those who had us in. If we beat GT twice a lot of bad teams would have to get hot to jump us...

That's what I needed to see. those two with Georgia Tech will most likely decide our fate.

IMG_6172.GIF

This might also be a year for a ton of upsets in conference tourneys. There is so much parity. There might be some auto-qualifiers who are nowhere near the bubble. You can say that any year but some bubbles might burst that way.

Last edited:
This might also be a year for a ton of upsets in conference tourneys. There is so much parity. There might be some auto-qualifiers who are nowhere near the bubble. You can say that any year but some bubbles might burst that way.

The P5+1 surprise conference tourney winner is very rare, but maybe this is the year for a few.

Many weak P5+1 records on the bubble because there is usually at least one more team from the A-10, the AAC, the MWC. I would say in aggregate those three conferences typically have 4 more spots. No BYU either.

Many weak P5+1 records on the bubble because there is usually at least one more team from the A-10, the AAC, the MWC. I would say in aggregate those three conferences typically have 4 more spots. No BYU either.
yep the absence of SD St or other mwc teams, a deeper a10, and an (extra) lousy aac - all making it possible for more middling p5 teams

SU should be rooting against Rhode Island, Houston, Memphis and Seton Hall. And root for Illinois State in the non-P5 conferences. Everyone else either appears solidly in or out I feel like, barring major runs.

SU should be rooting against Rhode Island, Houston, Memphis and Seton Hall. And root for Illinois State in the non-P5 conferences. Everyone else either appears solidly in or out I feel like, barring major runs.

I assume you are only considering non P5 conferences in the above comment. If you are going to add Seton Hall probably should add Marquette and Georgetown as well. But the rest of the teams seems to make sense..

Maybe I am overlooking something, but why would we root for Illinois St? Did you mean to say root against them?

This has to be the worst bubble ever. According to bracketmatrix.com the last 6 teams out are...

Before last night we were the 5th last team in, and losing in OT to Lville should not hurt our seeding for those who had us in. If we beat GT twice a lot of bad teams would have to get hot to jump us...

I have a question, is there ever a strong bubble? Every year the experts and talking heads say "They could get in, because the bubble is so weak this year, has there ever been a good bubble?

Patrick Stevens wrote an blog/article for the Wash Post this afternoon that had us playing Arkansas in the play-in game (in Buffal0). I think in 2013 he nailed all 68 teams, so he studies this stuff as well as anyone.

Patrick Stevens wrote an blog/article for the Wash Post this afternoon that had us playing Arkansas in the play-in game (in Buffal0). I think in 2013 he nailed all 68 teams, so he studies this stuff as well as anyone.
The play in game is in Dayton but if we won the play in and were the 11 seed in Buffalo that would really suck for the 6 seed who gets to play us.

I have a question, is there ever a strong bubble? Every year the experts and talking heads say "They could get in, because the bubble is so weak this year, has there ever been a good bubble?

I think people overrate what needs to get in the bubble each year based on 2007, and then realize it's never that strong.

It's weaker this year... or perception wise anyway, because it has to dig more spots out of the P5+BE, due to the A-10, AAC, and MWC getting less teams than normal. Add in the fact the Pac12 is a 4 team conference due to suckage and the SEC gets little respect, and you get many teams with weak conference records from the other 4 conferences. Moreso than normal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom