A thought on the back court next year. | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

A thought on the back court next year.

Everyone is a stud in hs. That's why we recruit them. Let's see them actually play in an ACC game before we make the final call on what he is or isn't.
Hello frank is not a pg, I know he’s a senior but Carey as a freshman is better with ball did you know what any games?

Hello frank is not a pg, I know he’s a senior but Carey as a freshman is better with ball did you know what any games?

Hi there. New to SU hoops? It's highly unlikely that JB would take the job away from now senior Frank after standing by him for the last 3 years. I'm expecting another monumental leap out of Frank this year as he's got more guys to actually pass the ball to and actually convert. Before he started making that little foul line jumper, Marek wasn't much of an option, and anyone who's been here the last year knows how I feel about passing to Paschal (hint - it should almost never happen). Having to play 3 on 5 will tend to limit stats.

I'd love for Carey to be a true option as it will prevent Frank from having to be near the top of the list in the nation in minutes played. More is better.

Holy smokes, have you already started happy hour?
Don’t drink there boss, and I’ve been a season ticket holder for years. Here’s a little thought for you frank would have been lucky to be getting 10 mins a game if quade had come here. Franks much better off the ball!!!

Hi there. New to SU hoops? It's highly unlikely that JB would take the job away from now senior Frank after standing by him for the last 3 years. I'm expecting another monumental leap out of Frank this year as he's got more guys to actually pass the ball to and actually convert. Before he started making that little foul line jumper, Marek wasn't much of an option, and anyone who's been here the last year knows how I feel about passing to Paschal (hint - it should almost never happen). Having to play 3 on 5 will tend to limit stats.

I'd love for Carey to be a true option as it will prevent Frank from having to be near the top of the list in the nation in minutes played. More is better.
I think you are the new one to SU hoops, anytime you d like to have a face to face discussion I’d be more than happy to chat, there’s a reason people think Jalen Carey is 1 and done.

Frank played more PG in HS and AAU than Jalen has. Plus he’s got 3 years of college PG under his belt.
Doesn’t mean he’s above average at it, he did it out of necessity.

Don’t drink there boss, and I’ve been a season ticket holder for years. Here’s a little thought for you frank would have been lucky to be getting 10 mins a game if quade had come here. Franks much better off the ball!!!
Off the ball? It’s not like he is a knock down shooter. Yikes, your last few posts are scaryyyy

I think you are the new one to SU hoops, anytime you d like to have a face to face discussion I’d be more than happy to chat, there’s a reason people think Jalen Carey is 1 and done.

Who thinks Carey is one and done?

I agree. I think some of Frank's best spurts were when Washington was handling point. The ball movement was better. Frank took some good shots and got assists with an extra pass. If the ballhandling duties are shared, I think both Frank and Battle will do better (better shots, less turnovers, less shot clock violations, etc.)

Yep. There’s a reason Boeheim (and I) wasn’t worried when Frank fouled out of that Tourney game. Boeheim also said (paraphrasing) that in some aspects we’re better.

Certain mods and posters claim I make stuff up about him or hate on him. I think he is a decent player just not a primary PG logging heavy minutes. I think he is a perfect combo bench type guy who can do a lot of things. I mean he was VERY lucky there were no other options and/or HW wasn’t ready to contribute when he was turning the ball over like crazy in those Dec/Jan games. Those Colgate and UConn games come to mind. Or at UVA when he had like at least 7 turnovers, 1 assist, and shot like 6-20. If there were options he would have been pulled before a H and who knows if he gets the job back. Yes it was that bad and dire, IMO.

Now, that scenario didn’t play out for better or worse and he improved steadily. Perhaps he can improve like Mike G did. Part of it is his lack of speed and quick change of direction ability as well as the loose handle. He’s not comfortable pushing or simply dribbling in traffic, IMO. An area where Mike G is was clearly better. We’ll see what happens if/when Boeheim changes the offense. I just think Carey will be better equipped from a talent/athleticism standpoint to get the pace and tempo moving regardless of the coach’s instruction.

I was more referring to the grammatical errors and then quoting your own post.

No one thinks that. Go find me anything outside of this forum where that is mentioned. Even if there was a slight chance prior, it evaporated the second that Tyus came back.

Yep. There’s a reason Boeheim (and I) wasn’t worried when Frank fouled out of that Tourney game. Boeheim also said (paraphrasing) that in some aspects we’re better.

Certain mods and posters claim I make stuff up about him or hate on him. I think he is a decent player just not a primary PG logging heavy minutes. I think he is a perfect combo bench type guy who can do a lot of things. I mean he was VERY lucky there were no other options and/or HW wasn’t ready to contribute when he was turning the ball over like crazy in those Dec/Jan games. Those Colgate and UConn games come to mind. Or at UVA when he had like at least 7 turnovers, 1 assist, and shot like 6-20. If there were options he would have been pulled before a H and who knows if he gets the job back. Yes it was that bad and dire, IMO.

Now, that scenario didn’t play out for better or worse and he improved steadily. Perhaps he can improve like Mike G did. Part of it is his lack of speed and quick change of direction ability as well as the loose handle. He’s not comfortable pushing or simply dribbling in traffic, IMO. An area where Mike G is was clearly better. We’ll see what happens if/when Boeheim changes the offense. I just think Carey will be better equipped from a talent/athleticism standpoint to get the pace and tempo moving regardless of the coach’s instruction.

Certain mods know you’ve made stuff up. I’ve proven it to you before when youve made certain claims. And you’re opinions are even out of whack and I’ve proven that to you to.

LOL Jalen Carey does. So I guess that technically is “people.”

I like Frank a lot, and he improved tremendously last year. I think his mistakes would have lessened even more if he did not have to be the primary ball handler. Before Battle came back, I was happy to have a combination of Carey, Hughes, and Bazley potentially handle the ball. This would allow Frank to get open looks. I's love to see a small line-up of Battle/Hughes, Frank, Carey, Brissett/Hughes, and Marek and see what kind of ball movement happens. I thought some of our best offensive sets happened when Marek touched the ball at least once.

Everybody good now, you guys get riled up fast! My honest opinion is I think Carey is better I’ve seen them both play multiple times. We ll find out soon enough!!! Love Syracuse basketball!!!

I think this thread is more informative about some of the posters here than next years back court.

It feels great to have all summer to talk possibilities for next years team since we know they are going to be good.

Certain mods know you’ve made stuff up. I’ve proven it to you before when youve made certain claims. And you’re opinions are even out of whack and I’ve proven that to you to.

That’s bold to say even for you, sir. You haven’t proven anything either except Orange-goggled narcissism and this get off my lawn approach here. Your opinions are just “out of whack” as mine are, IMO. I’ll say it again. Post some polls about his skill sets, speed, handle, etc...let the people speak.

That’s bold to say even for you, sir. You haven’t proven anything either except Orange-goggled narcissism and this get off my lawn approach here. Your opinions are just “out of whack” as mine are, IMO. I’ll say it again. Post some polls about his skill sets, speed, handle, etc...let the people speak.

You don’t get to change facts. You’ve made certain claims after games that watching a replay showed you to be wrong. I’ve even told you where to go look during a game. Just admit you’re a hater and root against him so you can be right. It was obvious all season and will be next season.

You don’t get to change facts. You’ve made certain claims after games that watching a replay showed you to be wrong. I’ve even told you where to go look during a game. Just admit you’re a hater and root against him so you can be right. It was obvious all season and will be next season.

Neither do you. I remember one play or possession I was wrong on and I admitted it. I also rewatched games and have listed times and possessions pointing out certain issues. Plays in the Buffalo, UConn, and Colgate games specifically. You’re “making up” just as much as I am then and nobody is rooting against anybody.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom