A vision of the team to come | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

A vision of the team to come

The game on Saturday I think will show a lot. An away game against the best team we played by far this season. If they step up their level of play and compete, I beleive we should all lose some of the pessimistic thoughts and be optimistic about the future. If they get blown out by 30 and don't compete, then we will have to accept this will be a learning year for most of the guys.

I'd add: "...or look inept doing so"

Good post--agree 100%.

melo was a power forward on the college level.
I know he got in the post to win games, like against ND. He was very comfortable receiving the ball on the wing and beating his man off the dribble or pulling up. Size of a college power forward, but definitely had the skill set to be the small forward/ wing player for cuse. Warrick was also definitely the power forward offensively, playing the foul line or posting up.

melo was a power forward on the college level.

I se Melo as a combo forward in college, able to take his man inside or out depending upon who was guarding him. However, Warrick was exclusively a power forward on that team.

Cheers,
Neil

Melo had some small forward skills, handling the ball and shooting the ball. But he averaged 10 rebounds a game and could post up anyone. That makes him a power forward in my book. Same with Billy Owens. Having skills beyond the traditional resume for a position doesn't mean you aren't in that position if you've got the skills the position demands. If a point guard can shoot, he's still a point guard.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom