A word about HS highlight tspes...and other things | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

A word about HS highlight tspes...and other things

I saw Grant play a few games in HS and thought he had great athleticism. But he wasn't making the kind of dunks/blocks he is making this year. He has gotten stronger.

My recollection of Grant in HS was a player who did all the little things necessary to win but he had never been expected to be the #1 option. I was expecting either Lukie Jackson or a Josh Pace type player. Instead we got our next Hakim Warrick or John Wallace.

Please God he stays long enough for that to occur.

Anyone recall seeing this kind of athleticism on grants tape?!? Or any recruiting experts peg him as über athletic?

I don't.

Love the Lets Go Orange chants too. Home game.

Trevor with the bounce. Need more of that.

Not sure if the officials were worse than the announcers. I'm convinced that ref couldn't believe grants block was humanly possible. Someone send him the tape.

We cannot survive playing 4 on 5 for 17 minutes against good teams. We need Coleman.

Nice job by BC putting a smaller guy on CJ and crowding him.

Poor job of spacing to take advantage of the size disparity with CJ. Also, was disappointed (really how disappointed can you be with a 10 point win though) with how we handled BC's switching all pick and rolls. Was surprised we didn't use that to our advantage and set up clear matchup issues (big on Ennis etc).

When people can be so wrong about high school basketball kids and their tape, imagine how wrong they are analyzing and rating hs football tapes and especially factoring in the disparities in competition on the hs football field.

. I'm convinced that ref couldn't believe grants block was humanly possible. Someone send him the tape.
I was guessing that was what JB was discussing with the ref for a good 2 minutes after Jerami's *block*. I was thinking he was telling the ref, don't call a foul because my kid just did something you have never seen before.

When people can be so wrong about high school basketball kids and their tape, imagine how wrong they are analyzing and rating hs football tapes and especially factoring in the disparities in competition on the hs football field.
Also you never know if its game 11 or game 2, what kind of injuries have accumulated etc. The whole process has a lot of moving part, therefore the odds are higher any one of those moving parts could get moofed up.