ACC 2 Deep by Class | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

ACC 2 Deep by Class

I bet the vast majority of these contributors are not dtackles or OL. You rarely, no matter who you are, get linemen ready day 1.
"Only Clemson (2) and Virginia (1) started any freshmen defensive linemen. "

We all know the QB issues but they've absolutely failed to recruit any impact WRs and RBs. Seems a few kids we thought would be those guys can't stay healthy - Hendrix.

By the way, I'll repost this really insightful article from October on Syracuse recruiting from Asil Mulbah's perspective, but the first kid he listed as 'the one that got away' was WR Josh Palmer who's been a multi year starter at Tennessee. He also mentions QB Brock Purdy and that they went with Chance Amie instead. Wild how things like that can completely change the course of a program. Seems like they viewed Amie as having a higher ceiling - a better version of Dungey was the quote. Amie if I had to guess just really popped off the page with his blend of athleticism and QB skills, while Purdy was the steady workhorse who while a good QB didn't really wow people. In retrospect Mulbah mentions that Amie just wasn't a good cultural fit for a small private school in the North. It's something that can't be overlooked when recruiting to Syracuse. You have to find good fits (which is why some of these kids might end up bailing out of here.) Can't imagine if we had Purdy (and Palmer) how different our program would be.
It seems Amie wasn't a good fit culturally anywhere. That's why he's been bouncing around and probably why he didn't have better offers originally

Maybe someone mentioned this, I haven't read the whole thread, but it also matters who you put around the freshman. Does Clemson have a bunch of Juniors and Seniors around two special Freshman? We don't start one Junior or Senior at LB and only one guy on the depth chart is older than a Sophomore. The other two starters are Sophomores. That matters. The only truly veteran position on defense is Dline.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom