ACC Championship Game | Syracusefan.com

ACC Championship Game

Vitale just called Shulman "sexy".

As far as the game is concerned, it's been pretty nondescript so far.

ACC has a bunch of teams that could go to the Final 4 or get knocked out first weekend. I guess that goes for everyone nowadays but the fatal flaws of Syracuse, UVA and Duke are scary.

Duke will go down the first game they can't hit threes and Syracuse and UVA can't score.

Wouldn't be too surprising if Dook pulled this out, but good value w/ UVA +1. They're just a better team & the crowd sounds close enough to evenly split.
Parker doing his best CJ Friday night impression; except without the excuse of being surrounded by abysmal shooters.

Wouldn't be too surprising if Dook pulled this out, but good value w/ UVA +1. They're just a better team & the crowd sounds close enough to evenly split.
Parker doing his best CJ Friday night impression; except without the excuse of being surrounded by abysmal shooters.
Don't compare Parker against the best defense in CBB to CJ against NC friggin State. Parker also has a couple great plays and not just 2 breakaway dunks accounting for 2 of his makes. He also rebounds and is a vocal leader.

Don't compare Parker against the best defense in CBB to CJ against NC friggin State. Parker also has a couple great plays and not just 2 breakaway dunks accounting for 2 of his makes. He also rebounds and is a vocal leader.

One is a true go-to leader. The other is a very talented role player forced into that role. It's not a knock, just the reality.

Sure, UVA is great defensively but it's not like he's getting the ball w/ the shot clock running out after the offense gets locked down for 30sec's. He's forced some bad shots while being surrounded by elite shooters.
I mean, of course there's a reason he's 1&done and CJ wasn't; the talent is obvious.

Sure, UVA is great defensively but it's not like he's getting the ball w/ the shot clock running out after the offense gets locked down for 30sec's. He's forced some bad shots while being surrounded by elite shooters.
I mean, of course there's a reason he's 1&done and CJ wasn't; the talent is obvious.
But that's why we need to stop treating CJ like he's Parker, he's not like you said. So many people here think we go as far as he takes us and it seems JB thinks the same. That's not going to be very far. Ennis and Grant are our 2 best players and should be treated as such. JBs loyalty is hurting us here.

longislandcuse said:
But that's why we need to stop treating CJ like he's Parker, he's not like you said. So many people here think we go as far as he takes us and it seems JB thinks the same. That's not going to be very far. Ennis and Grant are our 2 best players and should be treated as such. JBs loyalty is hurting us here.

Grant and Fair are on the same level. It's not as clear cut as your making it out to be.

Who would you rather have shoot a mid-range shot? Fair. Who is a better rebounder? Fair. That's why you go through Fair more. Grant on clean up.

It sucks that we aren't playing in the championship, but this game has been really good. Neither team is willing to give an inch, I have a feeling its going to come down to the final possession.

Anyone count the steps on the Parker steal and dunk? Picks his dribble up at the "C" in mid-court and takes three steps. Travel?

Grant and Fair are on the same level. It's not as clear cut as your making it out to be.

Who would you rather have shoot a mid-range shot? Fair. Who is a better rebounder? Fair. That's why you go through Fair more. Grant on clean up.
Fair is not a better rebounder.. I would LOVE for Fair to take mid-range shots. He doesn't do that though. He tries to be Parker and that doesn't work when you can't shoot threes, aren't big, and can only go left.

Very good game. To be honest, there seems to be plenty of emotion in this championship game. Wish we were playing in it. :(

Gill is a beast. Notice UVA doesn't post up Mitchell all the time. They post up Gill, as we should with Grant. That's good coaching by Bennett.

Duke better hope this doesn't go to OT or their entire team might foul out, and I'm not even exaggerating.

Sure, no argument there.

Damn can UVA make a FT?

Very good game. To be honest, there seems to be plenty of emotion in this championship game. Wish we were playing in it. :(

Yup, my thoughts exactly. These two teams are just on a different level from us in terms of intensity at the moment. Both of these teams are so hungry. We're content.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom