ACC Championship Game | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

ACC Championship Game

These two teams are playing with intensity and are grown a$$ men. No giggling and fumbling the ball around, no players with the yips or shooting fade away shots in the paint.

This is next level and we better be ready to bring this type of heart and intensity in the tournament.

creatorsgame said:
Not even close to any contact there. Wow.

The official standing right there and looking at it didn't call it but the guy 30 ft away saw it. Is comical how bad these guys are

Yup, my thoughts exactly. These two teams are just on a different level from us in terms of intensity at the moment. Both of these teams are so hungry. We're content.

Reminded me of our games with Duke though. Plenty of intensity in them. I think grinding out wins in so many of those slowdowns take the edge off - Duke played us up straight.

Congrats to UVA. Best team in the conference. Pomeroy had a good post on unbalanced schedules being overstated - it generally doesn't impact the standings more than a game. It's not like they only played the good teams at home. Avoided the Carrier & Dean Domes but also didn't get Dook or Pitt at home where they very likely would've won (all of the top 4-5 avoided at least 1 trip to another).

Dook is clearly trained to do the "Reggie Miller kick out your leg and flop" thing on desperate 3's. Because the refs only bought 1 of 2, Soulimon throws a temper tantrum like a girl. I take back what I said a couple months ago about this being an oddly likeable Dook team.

Brogdan led the team in scoring this year and just had a career high 23. That says a ton about how balanced they are.

Sulaimon is neck-neck with Laettner for my personal Least Sportsmanlike List.

longislandcuse said:
Fair is not a better rebounder.. I would LOVE for Fair to take mid-range shots. He doesn't do that though. He tries to be Parker and that doesn't work when you can't shoot threes, aren't big, and can only go left.

My mistake. I meant Grant.

Fair has taken about 95% of his shots inside the arc. He goes right. Other than you're spot on.

Duke has the refs protecting them, which is way more important than the media

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom