ACC: Deja Vu all over again | Syracusefan.com

ACC: Deja Vu all over again

Stevenson

2023 Cali Award Winner Pts Against & Passing Yards
shocked. We went from one inept shitshow to another...

So the entire Atlantic seaboard can not support an athletic conference?

Are you kidding me?

Agreed. Just like 2003, we all thought things were fine, and then someone put in our pancakes.

Let's not panic. This does nothing to harm the brand of the ACC, providing nobody else leaves. Swofford is on deck...

shocked. We went from one inept shitshow to another...

So the entire Atlantic seaboard can not support an athletic conference?

Are you kidding me?

What exactly could the ACC have done? 10/12 schools agreed to increase the exit fee to no less than $50,000,000. That's about as proactive as you can be.

It sucks to lose Maryland, but from a competitive standpoint they are easily replaced by Louisville. From a "kick in the nuts" feeling I would think that Syracuse, WVU and Pitt were far more traumatic losses to the BE and A&M and Nebraska were much worse for the Big 12.

I really hope the ACC grabs Louisville today.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Let's not panic. This does nothing to harm the brand of the ACC, providing nobody else leaves. Swofford is on deck...

Is it true that both Maryland & FSU voted AGAINST the $50 mil exit fee?

If so, what does that say about FSU's status?

Next shoe to drop?

Are you forgetting something - the money is way bigger in the ACC than the BE. Huge difference.

Is it true that both Maryland & FSU voted AGAINST the $50 mil exit fee?

If so, what does that say about FSU's status?

Next shoe to drop?

Next "shoe" to drop...I don't know if you meant that but that was funny. Free Shoe U!

Relax, the world is not coming to an end. This is in response to the ACC move with ND. Trading MD for ND is a pretty good trade. The B10 got the consolation prize.

If PSU joins the ACC as a result of this then the ACC has improves dramatically. If it is UConn the ACC has still improved, just not so much in football.

With the exception of NW, the Big 10 is comprised of State or public land grant schools with large student bodies and alum. They have huge fan bases all of whom own TVs and are cable subscribers!

Everybody can't/won't join the Big 10 or the SEC. We are just fine where we are and the future is bright - I would not want to be in UL or Cincy's shoes. They will both lose their head coaches (again) this year and their prospects have taken a huge hit.

I like where we are.

Holy Crap the sky is falling in the ACC. The ACC lost the powerhouse football and basketball program that is Maryland. How will a conference ever survive with losing such a powerhouse. LOL

They should have just taken UConn and RU, and hope FSU and Clemson didn't bolt. B10 would eventually dry up with no southern/coastal connections.

I told you guys the $50mil exit fee wouldn't stop anyone and that ND as a partial was bad. Wish I was wrong.

And people wondering about the next shoe. If FSU wanted the BIG 12 they would already be in the big 12. FSU wants the SEC and so far the SEC hasn't come calling. That will not change with the loss of Maryland.

Relax, the world is not coming to an end. This is in response to the ACC move with ND. Trading MD for ND is a pretty good trade. The B10 got the consolation prize.

If PSU joins the ACC as a result of this then the ACC has improves dramatically. If it is UConn the ACC has still improved, just not so much in football.

With the exception of NW, the Big 10 is comprised of State or public land grant schools with large student bodies and alum. They have huge fan bases all of whom own TVs and are cable subscribers!

Everybody can't/won't join the Big 10 or the SEC. We are just fine where we are and the future is bright - I would not want to be in UL or Cincy's shoes. They will both lose their head coaches (again) this year and their prospects have taken a huge hit.

I like where we are.

I agree crusty, the key is to not lose anyone else.

Re: FSU- I don't think they're a close to a move as everyone thinks. They make no geographic sense for the B1G, and I'm positive UF/UGA would never want them in the SEC, so that's out too. They had their chance to go SEC but chose the ACC instead, no going back now. The only move they have to make is the B12, where they would be a geographic outlier there too, with maybe a couple of million more per year.

FSU probably realizes that the ACC, while far from perfect, is really the best realistic fit now and into the future. Ignore the crazed fans.

Holy Crap the sky is falling in the ACC. The ACC lost the powerhouse football and basketball program that is Maryland. How will a conference ever survive with losing such a powerhouse. LOL
Not really the point.
Performance on the field means nothing right now, or arguably we wouldn't have been able to jump either.
MD alone means little...its opening the ACC vault and who's leaving next that we should worry about.

Not really the point.
Performance on the field means nothing right now, or arguably we wouldn't have been able to jump either.
MD alone means little...its opening the ACC vault and who's leaving next that we should worry about.

Why does Maryland leaving opening the vault? If FSU and Clemson wanted the B12 they would already be gone. The only place Clemsona and FSU are leaving to is the SEC and so far they have no more interest in adding teams.

For teams that harbor National Championship hopes being in a conference they can actually win may be a fairly big factor.

This is about Virginia and North Carolina, not Clemson and FSU. The only worry with FSU and Clemson is the B12, which would in turn get raided eventually anyway.

To quote Alonzo from Training Day "This s***'s chess, it ain't checkers!"

For a long run, only ACC can defeat ACC. BIG's only hope is to crack ACC. Unfortunately, nearsighted MD provide BIG a chance.

They should have just taken UConn and RU, and hope FSU and Clemson didn't bolt. B10 would eventually dry up with no southern/coastal connections.

I told you guys the $50mil exit fee wouldn't stop anyone and that ND as a partial was bad. Wish I was wrong.

Having ND as a partial in the Big12 would not have stopped the B1G from raiding the ACC. It might have stopped the PAC from raiding the Big12 down the road.