ACC Dominates ESPN Ratings | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

ACC Dominates ESPN Ratings

I know that the two Syracuse/dook games were great and lived up to the hype but the ACC is not going to immediately change dook's primary partner from WAKE to you all based on two great games. You all have only played a series total of six games. The ACC conference has been able to sustain and thrive its 50+ year history by not radically altering tradition because the wind changes from west to east. Syracuse is a great addition to the ACC but I don't think anyone should expect you all to all of a sudden usurp ACC "political" power away from the veterans because of two basketball games.

I know that the two Syracuse/dook games were great and lived up to the hype but the ACC is not going to immediately change dook's primary partner from WAKE to you all based on two great games. You all have only played a series total of six games. The ACC conference has been able to sustain and thrive its 50+ year history by not radically altering tradition because the wind changes from west to east. Syracuse is a great addition to the ACC but I don't think anyone should expect you all to all of a sudden usurp ACC "political" power away from the veterans because of two basketball games.
You make a very important point that will not be easily grasped by many Orange fans.
Tradition and history still count for quite a bit in the "old" (southern) ACC.

Schools like Syracuse pretty much don't care about it.
The ACC move showed that clearly.
If SU really cared about it...we'd have an annual game against G-town on the books.

For Syracuse - and, in fairness, probably for most schools, it's all about the $$$.
In the ACC...money talks but it doesn't necessarily have the final word.

That said, year in and year out we can expect some great games involving SU, Duke, UNC & Louisiville.
And with Tony Bennett, UVA has a good chance of joining that group.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom