ACC Fans Take | Syracusefan.com

ACC Fans Take

44USMC

Who does the ACC want? Just gonna do the Carolina schools here, but interesting to hear the opinions of fans from the heart of the conference.

NC State

UNC

Wake Forest

Duke

Clemson

Most seem upset about the idea of Rutgers, but generally are okay with UConn. I love how much the schools hate each other though.

Who does the ACC want? Just gonna do the Carolina schools here, but interesting to hear the opinions of fans from the heart of the conference.

NC State

UNC

Wake Forest

Duke

Clemson

Most seem upset about the idea of Rutgers, but generally are okay with UConn. I love how much the schools hate each other though.

I took the consensus to be that they are so-so on UConn - some don't like Calhoun, say he runs a dirty program. NOBODY wants Rutgers, but seem possibly resigned to it.

Most interesting threads (and most recent) talked about Penn State and Notre Dame, since it appears that Texas was using the ACC to try to get a better deal with the Pac-1o. Everyone would love that. Penn State fans are not fond of being the Boston College of the Big 10, although they would have to take a bit of a pay cut to join the ACC.

ACC North becomes the old Eastern football dream conference.

Penn State, Syracuse, Pitt, ND, BC, Maryland, Virginia, Virginia Tech

ACC South:

NC, Duke, NC State, Wake, Clemson, Ga Tech, Florida State, Miami

My God, the design of the UVa board is horrendous, almost unreadable with their thread view.

I'd like to hear what they have to say, because they well could be the odd Southern school that gets put in the Northern division.

I found FSU and VTech the most hostile to SU and Pitt, but particularly us. They care only about the football brand b/c they have nothing to offer in any other athletics.

Seems to me that of the 3 teams that originally left the Big East for the ACC, the football rivalry with VaTech was most the heated. BC - SU was a good rivalry with a lot of back and forth and neither team really dominating each other for long stretches of time. Miami was Miami and the rivalry was kind of one-sided during most of the 1990's. VaTech was a pretender for the most part and never was able to fill that trophy case, and we were the one's to not let them forget it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom