ACC fans won't like this... | Syracusefan.com

ACC fans won't like this...

Pitt_Fan_ACC

Walk On
Bonner (the announcer during the Pitt/Clemson game talked about the Pitt vs Cuse rematch at the Pete. He then went on to mention how there is another rivalry game in the ACC that day that ACC fans are used to watching (Duke/Carolina). He said it does not sound right to say but that game will be the undercard to the Pitt/Cuse rematch.

Bonner (the announcer during the Pitt/Clemson game talked about the Pitt vs Cuse rematch at the Pete. He then went on to mention how there is another rivalry game in the ACC that day that ACC fans are used to watching (Duke/Carolina). He said it does not sound right to say but that game will be the undercard to the Pitt/Cuse rematch.

First off Fpitt.

Second off, that's priceless.

ESPN shows the 2nd half was scoreless with the final score 37-20 and says final. Another good job by ESPN!!!! I'd put the link up but I assume eventually someone will fix the score.

Well he does speaketh the truth. Thats gotta frost some people down on Tobacco Road.

And it won't be that way forever. Great way to start rivalries in a new league. We'll be on the receiving end in several years so I'll take the good times today!

Well he does speaketh the truth. Thats gotta frost some people down on Tobacco Road.

You're right, the truth hurts the most. On the UNC board they fully admit that they're not playing at the level they've played at in the past. I haven't been to the Duke board lately, but I'm sure that most all of them would readily admit they haven't done anything this year to make anyone quake in their boots. Pitt and SU are making the conference look good right now and it's hoped others will join in as the season goes on.

well, the Daughters of the Confederacy will certainly be the undercard

but you are not our conference rival. That'll be Louisville.

What, no Boston College?!?

You're right, the truth hurts the most. On the UNC board they fully admit that they're not playing at the level they've played at in the past. I haven't been to the Duke board lately, but I'm sure that most all of them would readily admit they haven't done anything this year to make anyone quake in their boots. Pitt and SU are making the conference look good right now and it's hoped others will join in as the season goes on.

Virginia has looked incredible since the Duke game. Seems like the team has gone all in on Bennett. @ Pitt, @ Duke and @ Virginia are the only games that I think we have an actual chance of losing.

you have to be a peer to be a rival. the games will continue to be tough, but we won't consider the Panthers a rival until they get to a Final Four in the modern era

They're 10-5 against us in the Dixon era. They were 2 seconds away from a Final Four in 09. They get those 2 seconds and suddenly they're worthy?

They're 10-5 against us in the Dixon era. They were 2 seconds away from a Final Four in 09. They get those 2 seconds and suddenly they're worthy?
not in my eyes, but in the eyes of most Syracuse fans.

did you read the board in the week leading up to the Pitt game? Orange fans are almost universally dismissive of Pitt because of their post season record. The same was true of UConn in the 90s. They had clearly caught up with and even passed SU on the court, but they were not recognized as rivals until they won their first title. A lot of fans didn't recognize them even after they'd won their 2nd title.

did you read the board in the week leading up to the Pitt game? Orange fans are almost universally dismissive of Pitt because of their post season record. The same was true of UConn in the 90s. They had clearly caught up with and even passed SU on the court, but they were not recognized as rivals until they won their first title. A lot of fans didn't recognize them even after they'd won their 2nd title.

Yeah, the 2nd one really hurt. But hopefully this will be the yeah my feelings we be avenged!

Pitt has been my least favorite basketball team since birth.

moqui said:

Yeah, I'm not in agreement. Using this logic, why would Louisville stoop down to us to consider us a rival? They have twice as many Final Fours and 3x as many championships. We really aren't in their league using the Pitt logic. We aren't really worthy of being UConn's rival either. Maybe NC State could be a rival but even they have 2 championships to our 1. Sucks Maryland is leaving.

This is like the whole notion on the football board that Rutgers isn't a rival but until the 400+ post dumpster fire thread the board was littered with Rutgers posts.

Number 1, 2 and 3 are Georgetown, 4 is UConn, 5 is Pitt
Why do we keep pretending that Georgetown and UConn are our rivals? Until pigs can fly, we aren't going to play them again with any regularity. It is 2014. I am tired of the incessant UConn and Georgetown posts here. They are totally irrelevant to us this season. Let's live in the present and the future ... and not in the past.

cto said:
Why do we keep pretending that Georgetown and UConn are our rivals? Until pigs can fly, we aren't going to play them again with any regularity. It is 2014. I am tired of the incessant UConn and Georgetwon posts here. They are totally irrelevant to us this season. Let's live in the present and the future ... and not in the past.

Because F Georgetown and always and forever.

Unless we can start getting closer to UNC and Duke in terms of recruiting, we are going to be wishing we were still playing Georgetown and UConn.

That said, I am going to relish what the OP said for this season! Even if it is only one season, I'm glad it happened. Of course we still have work to do to make this an embarrassing season for the ACC. I won't be satisfied if we split with Duke. Not this season. Carpe rare-opportunity-season.

I am not sure how I can 'live in the future' but I am sure some on here will enlighten me. ;)

Since the turn of the century I think it's clear that there are three teams who earned rival status against us.

Uconn (doesn't matter anymore, thing of the past)
Nova (still matters)
Pittsburgh (matters)

I wouldn't put UL on Nova or Pitt's level yet on my hate meter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom