ACC football in 2012, Basketball in 2013-14 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

ACC football in 2012, Basketball in 2013-14

why would the NCAA care about SU/Pitt being in fball for next year and bball 2-3 years down the road.. you have schools now in conferences for different sports. cornell is Ivy for some sports and ecac for hockey both div I.. they let Vill be in the BE for some sports and not for fball..

I thought that the NCAA has no say in where a college team is as far as conferences go. I was always under the assumption that they had no control over such matters. So I would agree with this post.

Doesn't the BE tv contract run out in 2014? The thinking must be that the hit the basketball end of the contract will take from SU and Pitt leaving early will be more than the $10 million payday (split 8 ways) that the remaining schools will get if the league somehow manages to survive this realignment. The basketball onlies want to maximize their payoff, which is understandable.

With that said, I still think SU is gone at the end of this school year.

The basketball onlies have made this mess. I can't believe that Notre Dame got to vote on the Big East football contract negotiations. What. Screw these idiots.

Then we should simply not play the schools who object to us leaving early in basketball and football. I mean, the BE had many chances to add teams to get to 12 and did not. I think it's pretty insane to think that we could be stuck for 3 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still don't get it...SU and Pitt woud be lame duck members both as the BE expands *and* as they negotiate a new media deal. From a business standpoint that just seems ludicrous. I have to believe over the next couple months, as parties calm down, this won't stand.

Doesn't the BE tv contract run out in 2014? The thinking must be that the hit the basketball end of the contract will take from SU and Pitt leaving early will be more than the $10 million payday (split 8 ways) that the remaining schools will get if the league somehow manages to survive this realignment. The basketball onlies want to maximize their payoff, which is understandable.

With that said, I still think SU is gone at the end of this school year.
I agree, don't see the 27 month wait happening. Don't see different release dates for different sports. The agreement to let Pitt and SU go early will include promises to schedule some games against the remaining BE schools and maybe some cash as well.

I agree, don't see the 27 month wait happening. Don't see different release dates for different sports. The agreement to let Pitt and SU go early will include promises to schedule some games against the remaining BE schools and maybe some cash as well.

Agree theres zero chance SU and Pitt are playing fball in one conference and then basketball in another, its either all or nothing.

The basketball onlies have made this mess. I can't believe that Notre Dame got to vote on the Big East football contract negotiations. What. Screw these idiots.

Right. That is just so bizarre. Frankly, that one item is the oddest bit of information to come out of this whole deal. Can't imagine why the BE would have let ND vote on it.

Agree theres zero chance SU and Pitt are playing fball in one conference and then basketball in another, its either all or nothing.

Why does it have to be all or nothing? Would you rather be stuck in the big east until 2014 for everything, or have football out now and basketball out a little later? Not sure why anyone would prefer the former... Take what you can get.

there is no ivy league in hockey.. cornell plays in the ECAC as well.

Correct. There is an Ivy champ in hockey but it's just the result of their own round-robin games.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom