ACC Games for Jan 20 | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

ACC Games for Jan 20

JFC if you have to watch it for five minutes you can't overturn the damn call. Play the freaking game. You know they call would have stood four minutes ago if the teams were reversed.
carrington did kinda nod his head in acknowledgement with the ref though...prolly grazed his finger

Need to be huge Pitt and Oregon fans the rest of the year. And hope Miami turns it around. Hopefully Colgate wins the Patriot league again this year too. We have beaten some quality teams this year. They just need to finish strong too!

I will never root for Pitt. Gross.

Shame.

Need to be huge Pitt and Oregon fans the rest of the year. And hope Miami turns it around. Hopefully Colgate wins the Patriot league again this year too. We have beaten some quality teams this year. They just need to finish strong too!
Cornell winning the ivy League as well

Now Pitt can suck again.

Unfortunately we want Pitt to do well the rest of this year.
Basically anybody that is on the margins of Q1/Q2/Q3 that we play twice (and beat at least once) you probably want to win in other ACC games... teams like Pitt, and hopefully after we beat NC St and Clemson.

A worse call was when they gave the ball to Duke after a Duke player threw the ball off a Pitt player…..who was clearly standing out of bounds.
why?

if a player is touching the ball when they are out of bounds, thats out of bounds...no?

A worse call was when they gave the ball to Duke after a Duke player threw the ball off a Pitt player…..who was clearly standing out of bounds.
And I swear that the ref at mid court went sprinting in to say something because he saw it, too. But of course wasn't even a discussion.

Unless I am misunderstanding your answer, the NCAA rule book says no to your no.

Art. 2. The ball shall be out of bounds when it touches a player who is out of
bounds, any other person, the floor or any object on or outside a boundary, the
supports or back of the backboard, or the ceiling or overhead equipment.

Section 2. Ball Caused to Go Out of Bounds
Art. 1. The last player to touch the ball before the ball goes out of bounds
caused the ball to go out of bounds, provided that the ball is out of bounds
because it touched something other than a player who is out of bounds.
Art. 2. When the ball is out of bounds because of touching or being touched
by a player who is on or outside a boundary, such player has caused the ball to
go out of bounds.

Unless I am misunderstanding your answer, the NCAA rule book says no to your no.

Art. 2. The ball shall be out of bounds when it touches a player who is out of
bounds, any other person, the floor or any object on or outside a boundary, the
supports or back of the backboard, or the ceiling or overhead equipment.

Section 2. Ball Caused to Go Out of Bounds
Art. 1. The last player to touch the ball before the ball goes out of bounds
caused the ball to go out of bounds, provided that the ball is out of bounds
because it touched something other than a player who is out of bounds.
Art. 2. When the ball is out of bounds because of touching or being touched
by a player who is on or outside a boundary, such player has caused the ball to
go out of bounds.

Yea, the TV announcers had me not thinking straight. Combine that with a burning hatred of Duke and the calls they get, well you see what happens.

Unfortunately we want Pitt to do well the rest of this year.
Basically anybody that is on the margins of Q1/Q2/Q3 that we play twice (and beat at least once) you probably want to win in other ACC games... teams like Pitt, and hopefully after we beat NC St and Clemson.
Sorry, I just can't bring myself to do that. Not as bad as hoping the Hoyas win but pretty close.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom