ACC Games for Jan 27 | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

ACC Games for Jan 27

It wouldn't have been bad if the refs came over to him and asked to see their replay. But he was totally wrong to call them over. I said on our board that the AD should make it plain that for the games that he does for us, we will not talk to the sideline reporter and an assistant will talk at halftime. If another announcer is there, no problem, we'll do exactly as before. But if he's there expect non-cooperation.
Sounds reasonable to me. He was way out of line or to say it another way, way out of the coaching box and the sixth man on defense. T him up UVA.

It wouldn't have been bad if the refs came over to him and asked to see their replay. But he was totally wrong to call them over. I said on our board that the AD should make it plain that for the games that he does for us, we will not talk to the sideline reporter and an assistant will talk at halftime. If another announcer is there, no problem, we'll do exactly as before. But if he's there expect non-cooperation.
One of your own called the ref over to screw your own team? Is there bad blood between him and the program?

Yes, the bad blood predates it. He apparently feels he's not appreciated enough by the department and program. He's not sorry for what he did to the point that he insists he was right to do it and would do it again.
Interesting. I am a big college bball fan and an even bigger SU fan, but I went to UVA for grad school. Had a great time and went to plenty of UVA bball games, all before Cory matriculated. Even so, I have zero memory of him as a player, but he sure does like to tell us how good he was. Ugh.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom