ACC Games for Jan 27 | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

ACC Games for Jan 27

Wake Forest(quad 1) and Virginia Tech(quad 2) would really help.

Also At BC is Q2, at NC St is Q2 (possibly Q1). And the Clemson games have seemingly become a little more achievable, Overall we have 7 Q1 or Q2 games left. We lack signature but if we go 4-3 in those games, that brings us to 8-8 in Q1+Q2 which doesn't look that impressive, but for bubble teams its fairly good.

Ironically it would probably be better to get to 8-9, with FSU moving up to a Q2 loss.

There are a lot of team on the edges.

If we get to 12 or 13 ACC wins we are in the discussion - getting to that level won't be easy.

Rothstein isn't wrong. If Clemson struggles could easily be 2 teams.

Look at Cuse's schedule. Besides UNC and Clemson no other wins would move the needle

He's wrong in claiming its a real possibility. It's not impossible, but its very far from a real possibility (less than 5% if I have to pull a number out of my butt)

The ACC has tons of teams in the 45-85 range and I got news for Rothstein. Somebody has to win those games which all have Q1 and Q2 elements -- ACC can't go 0-2 every time they play each other, and somebody is picking up a bunch of Q2 wins and some Q1 road wins.

It will just be very hard for there not to be one team to jump from the pack.

3 though seems to be a very realistic downside though just looking at this high level.

Last edited:
He's wrong in claiming its a real possibility. It's not impossible, but its very far from a real possibility (less than 5% if I have to pull a number out of my butt)

The ACC has tons of teams in the 45-85 range and I got news for Rothstein. Somebody has to win those games which all have Q1 and Q2 elements -- ACC can't go 0-2 every time they play each other, and somebody is picking up a bunch of Q2 wins and some Q1 road wins.

It will just be very hard for there not to be one team to jump from the pack.

3 though seems to be a very realistic downside though just looking at this high level.
If the middle of the pack of the ACC keeps canibalizing themselves, half of the conference is going to be in the NIT

Corey Alexander, IMO, is just brutal to listen to. That particular take of his there…well, simply takes the cake. :rolleyes:
I frequently turn off the volume when Corey Alexander launches into his diatribes instead of covering the game,

I cannot wait to dance on the ACC's grave

Corey Alexander, IMO, is just brutal to listen to. That particular take of his there…well, simply takes the cake. :rolleyes:
He's the reason why God invented the Mute button. His supporters on our board are fewer and further between after he called the refs over to show a replay that took away our possession in the aTm game.

He's the reason why God invented the Mute button. His supporters on our board are fewer and further between after he called the refs over to show a replay that took away our possession in the aTm game.
Total BS on that one by Corey. I was watching that game live and I was like, "What is he doing!" totally beyond his role as an announcer.

Total BS on that one by Corey. I was watching that game live and I was like, "What is he doing!" totally beyond his role as an announcer.
It wouldn't have been bad if the refs came over to him and asked to see their replay. But he was totally wrong to call them over. I said on our board that the AD should make it plain that for the games that he does for us, we will not talk to the sideline reporter and an assistant will talk at halftime. If another announcer is there, no problem, we'll do exactly as before. But if he's there expect non-cooperation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom