ACC Games for Nov 15-18 | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

ACC Games for Nov 15-18

Half: Indiana 39, St John's 27
I only watched the 1st half of this game and thought Indiana is going to be a tough matchup for us due to their size and physical play. Now I see the Johnnie's out scored them 47-37 in the 2nd half behind Champagnie's total of 32 points. So maybe as long as our shooters are scoring we are ok.

I only watched the 1st half of this game and thought Indiana is going to be a tough matchup for us due to their size and physical play. Now I see the Johnnie's out scored them 47-37 in the 2nd half behind Champagnie's total of 32 points. So maybe as long as our shooters are scoring we are ok.
This is one of the big reasons why I'm feeling really optimistic about this year's team.

We may not be able to match up with the front lines of Duke, Gonzaga, etc., but if you have a powerful team of dead eye 3pt shooters--& have become good at getting them open--you have enough offensive firepower to counter those teams with imposing front court players.

It's a "new" (to Syracuse) offensive calculus, one that Boeheim appears quite eager to exploit...

As bad as the ACC was in football this year, the league is going to be worse in basketball. We have a very large opportunity this season to put together a very solid league record. IF we can get a big scalp in Atlantis, beat IU and get to league play with 1 or 2 losses......we sweat seed more than selection come March.

That was a decent win for Indiana last night, champagnie on St John's is really a load to handle. St.john's actually had a shot to win with the ball at the end but couldn't get a good shot off.

That said, I think the zone will do a good job of neutralizing Jackson, but he worries me on the offensive boards. My biggest concern going into that game is Miller Kopp, the northwestern transfer, who is a really good 3-point shooter, decent at attacking the basket, and has the look of the kind of guy who always goes off for a career-high against our defense.

All that said, I think it'll be Cuse by 10.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom