ACC Games for Nov 7-10 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

ACC Games for Nov 7-10

Did we know that Brycen Goodine is playing for Fairfeld now?
I did not remember seeing that news after last season (though to be fair, I blocked a lot of stuff out from last year). Looks like Brycen is starting the year coming off the bench for the Stags - he played 17 minutes against Wake Forest on Monday night as the 2nd sub into the game and scored 9 points with two 3s (he shot 2-6 from 3-pt range).

I'm not taking any shots at the Hoyas until we beat them.

Meh,
Georgetown beat us last year, and we stank. That being said doesn't mean I didn't take joy in them going a historic 0-20 in the Big East last season.

When shots are there you take them even if you are so-so. At worst, some Georgetown fan calls me out -- but its not like many of them exist anymore.

Only games against D-1 teams count in the record, so the SU loss to LeMoyne was just an embarrassment and didn't make you 0-1. The Fisk b-ball site listed their game last night as an exhibition. It's like when back in the day teams used to play the Athletes in Action and Marathon Oil.

Some games against non D1 teams are exhibition and some are not (i.e "real" games). It really depends on the timing of when they are played.

Once the NCAA regular season has started (Nov 7 this year) any such games are part of your regular season schedule and part of your permitted game slate. They are real games, part of your official record, and will be used against you by the tournament committee if you lose (but not if you win)

Just picked a random team from last year - Maine, and you will see they played a number of non D1 games that count. Well "sort of" count. If you look at their official record last year it was 6-23, which includes 3 non D1 wins.

1668017215933.png

Full schedule here.

The reason I use "sort of" is when the RPI or NET is calculated it does not include the non D1 games. Also the committee does not count these games in your record that it evaluates for tourney selection. Warren Nolan data is prepared based on what the committee looks at..

But those games / wins are still part of your official record for the season.

Last edited:
I don't mean to sound argumentative, but I don't believe that is right. Maybe Fisk counts it as an exhibition but Tennessee State counts it as a regular season win. Just like when we beat LeMoyne in 2008, it was a regular season win, unlike the exhibition loss the following season.

You are correct. Depends on the timing of when the game was played. Any game against a non D1 team at this point (post November 7) is an official regular season game.

10 seconds left, Bellarmine up 1.
I didn't watch the game, but what's crazy according to the stats, is that neither team scored in the last minute and Bellermine didn't score in the last 4:47 to go in the game and still held on.

It's all good. Just as long as 2 or 3 teams do well in the tournament, we can pretend we have the best "conference"

Not to mention our projected top 3- all looked unimpressive in their first game.

It's all good. Just as long as 2 or 3 teams do well in the tournament, we can pretend we have the best "conference"

And we can then say the 5th or 6th ACC team that did not get in got jobbed because the committee should have predicted the future instead of using actual data.

Watched most of the l'vlle game last night - they're athletic but they play really dumb and undisciplined... Lands does not look good, at least yet, and he's getting alot of run

Yeah they are really poor defensively too. It wasn't a high pace game so score doesn't reflect it but that D leaked like a siv.

Yeah they are really poor defensively too. It wasn't a high pace game so score doesn't reflect it but that D leaked like a siv.
yep, and tons of foul trouble too

El Ellis is a baller tho

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom