ACC Move: A Tremendous Betrayal of NYC-NJ Alumni | Syracusefan.com

ACC Move: A Tremendous Betrayal of NYC-NJ Alumni

Col. Bleep

All American
When would we ever get to see the Orange?
Oh...on TV game$$$.

Also, all those away games where half the crowd is in orange...forget it.
(Except for Miami).

And is life really worth living without having G-town to hate (and beat)?

Well what would you have them do? Wait to be left out of both the ACC and the BIG11? Because someone was going somewhere from the BE and it was going to be football schools leaving.

Oh...on TV game$$$.

(Except for Miami).

If this happens, maybe we could play at least one "home game" a year at MSG (since it is our other home anyway). Much like playing football games at the Meadowlands or Yankee Stadium.

If this happens, maybe we could play at least one "home game" a year at MSG (since it is our other home anyway). Much like playing football games at the Meadowlands or Yankee Stadium.

Depending upon how this plays out, I think we should try to schedule a couple of games per year with the "left-behinds" at neutral sites such as MSG.

We'll see - this probably means football gets slightly better (if at all) and basketball gets slightly worse. Although who knows how bad the alternative could be if we stayed put.

Oh...on TV game$$$.

(Except for Miami).

I'm fairly certain the NYC-NJ alums will be taken care of.

Oh...on TV game$$$.

(Except for Miami).

Pfft. Every big football game is being moved to NYC.

That would be BS. We are Syracuse University, not NYU. They already screwed up the football side of the schedule.

That would be BS. We are Syracuse University, not NYU. They already screwed up the football side of the schedule.

I don't have a problem with scheduling away games or neutrals at MSG but I don't see moving any home games there.

We have football games scheduled at the Meadowlands now till the end of time. And we will play a game or two in MSG for basketball somehow. Early season tourney or something.

Aside from the conference tournament in March, little changes for the Cuse presence in NYC/NJ

Oh...on TV game$$$.

(Except for Miami).

Really, much better to get left behind and end up in the MAC for football.

At the pre-season hoops tourney we will play every year at The Garden.

Best case: annual tourney with SJU, UCONN, Nova, and Cuse.

We will always play in the Garden. Always.

44cuse

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

We have football games scheduled at the Meadowlands now till the end of time. And we will play a game or two in MSG for basketball somehow. Early season tourney or something.

Aside from the conference tournament in March, little changes for the Cuse presence in NYC/NJ

Well except for all the road games against teams that are pretty close nearby. I live in Queens. Road games vs Nova, Rutgers, Seton Hall, St. Johns, and UConn are all no more than 2 hours or so away from me. Understood we don't play road games against those teams every year, but still.

Stay put and SU has a long slow death...

On the other hand...my guess is that if you combine the amount of SU alums and ex-CNYers living from DC to Florida its far more than the amount in NJ & NYC. I remember going to McNabbs first game at Carolina and the place was jam packed with Cuse fans. People don't retire in NJ. Going to pretty damn cool seeing the Orange run out at Bobby Dodd Stadium in downtown Atlanta! Another bonus to moving here. I can watch the weekend hoops games during winter and then go work on my golf game.

You're kidding, right? I usually get to 4-5 SU games a year because of my proximity to the NY area. Now, I'll be lucky if I get to 1. No more Seton Hall, Providence, UConn, St. John's, Rutgers, Nova. Add in the BE tourney. Little changes for the Cuse presence in NY? Wow.

You're kidding, right? I usually get to 4-5 SU games a year because of my proximity to the NY area. Now, I'll be lucky if I get to 1. No more Seton Hall, Providence, UConn, St. John's, Rutgers, Nova. Add in the BE tourney. Little changes for the Cuse presence in NY? Wow.

Syracuse University based in SyrACCuse, NY has to look out for itself. If the alumni in NYC lose a couple games a year, so be it. You never had a guarantee of SU playing road games in Providence, Seton Hall, UConn or St.Johns anyway. Odds are you got a couple and the Big East Tournament. Now odds are is you get a couple in bball and 1 a year in football. That ain't awful, I gotta be honest.

So you want SU to stay in the Big East and die a slow painful death and have dying programs in all sports so a couple thousand people in NYC can watch them play? Guess what if the program died MSG wouldn't be calling SU to come play!! It's a Catch 22!

Only one of those places are in NY. I bet we continue to play those teams on a pretty regular basis. I bet we will still play in MSG. The ACC tourney is pretty good and it wouldn't surprise me if they rotate it to MSG sometimes. I manage to get to one football a game a year and it's usually a road game. I rarely am able to make basketball games. I'll probably see more games in football and basketball in one season of ACC play than I've seen in the last ten years of BE play. But we definitely should stay in a dying Frankenstein conference because it's convenient for NYC types to make road trips.

Only one of those places are in NY. I bet we continue to play those teams on a pretty regular basis. I bet we will still play in MSG. The ACC tourney is pretty good and it wouldn't surprise me if they rotate it to MSG sometimes. I manage to get to one football a game a year and it's usually a road game. I rarely am able to make basketball games. I'll probably see more games in football and basketball in one season of ACC play than I've seen in the last ten years of BE play. But we definitely should stay in a dying Frankenstein conference because it's convenient for NYC types to make road trips.

He wasn't saying we should stay in the conference for that. But to say little changes for the NYC fanbase is incorrect. There will be a lot fewer chances to go to games. Doesn't mean you don't make the move.

You probably haven't been following the team or college football. If you're, maybe, trying to give an average fans perspective ok. Otherwise, you're gravely misinformed.

He wasn't saying we should stay in the conference for that. But to say little changes for the NYC fanbase is incorrect. There will be a lot fewer chances to go to games. Doesn't mean you don't make the move.

He's assuming we don't schedule a few old BE type games a year. NYC fanbase has had it great for years. To complain when a life raft has been tossed to you when the sinking ship is starting to pull you under is pretty short sighted and selfish. You're going to miss a few games? Boo hoo. Make a road trip.

He's assuming we don't schedule a few old BE type games a year. NYC fanbase has had it great for years. To complain when a life raft has been tossed to you when the sinking ship is starting to pull you under is pretty short sighted and selfish. You're going to miss a few games? Boo hoo. Make a road trip.

Seems like a pretty safe assumption that we won't schedule a few old BE type games a year. When have we been quick to schedule a few games against that caliber opponent in the OOC season? Although, than again, we may need to do so to make up for the weaker in conference schedule that we'll be playing.

Seems like a pretty safe assumption that we won't schedule a few old BE type games a year. When have we been quick to schedule a few games against that caliber opponent in the OOC season? Although, than again, we may need to do so to make up for the weaker in conference schedule that we'll be playing.

The ACC with Pitt and SU isn't weaker than the current Big East. HUGE misconception. The bottom teams in the ACC are much stronger than Rutgers, Providence, DePaul, TCU, Seton Hall..etc

Why assume anything at all? Why base an entire rant on an unknown? Syracuse will have stability and the opportunity to prosper. Something the BE does not provide. To complain about missing a few games is pretty idiotic. Take a road trip. It's only 7 hours from NYC to Raleigh. Less to Maryland. You can be almost anywhere in ACC country in under 10. It's spoiled, selfish nonsense to complain about missing a Seton Hall game because you're too lazy to make a road trip. Or maybe away games at Baylor or Kansas or some other middle america cow town is more to your liking? That's a road trip for you.

...not agreeing with this as a born city boy..Manhattan and grad school at Columbia...and now living in Florida...I still get to see three or four 'Cuse bball games a year in person and at least one football game...now I may see more...but call this a betrayal of NY City is not truly understanding the implications if we did not move...we would have been left in the dust...by which ever other teams were chosen to go...'Cuse would have been left with not much around...and travel across country to play in the BE if it held together....I am pleased with the outcome...and saddened at the same time.

Why assume anything at all? Why base an entire rant on an unknown? Syracuse will have stability and the opportunity to prosper. Something the BE does not provide. To complain about missing a few games is pretty idiotic. Take a road trip. It's only 7 hours from NYC to Raleigh. Less to Maryland. You can be almost anywhere in ACC country in under 10. It's spoiled, selfish nonsense to complain about missing a Seton Hall game because you're too lazy to make a road trip. Or maybe away games at Baylor or Kansas or some other middle america cow town is more to your liking? That's a road trip for you.

This is the basketball board. I really am not all that interested in the football program. For basketball I think this is a huge change with not much up side, unless you believe that the Big East was going to disintegrate...which I don't. If you are a football fan, it's great for the football program. If you are a fan of both, I guess you can tolerate the change for basketball in the hope that it might breathe some life into the football program. As one who is predominantly a basketball fan, I'm not loving it.