ACC move ramifications... | Syracusefan.com

ACC move ramifications...

DCCuse

Tailgate Buffet Legend
It has been alluded to, but besides the scheduling shifts, it will be very interesting to me to see how this affects:
  1. Recruiting - I don't mean long term, but I mean this year. This news has to help us in Florida and in other areas in the Mid-Atlantic and South being able to say that we will be playing a lot more in these areas being in the ACC. May hurt our recent efforts in Ohio / Michigan (but don't think so). PLUS if the uncertainty of the Big East makes some Northeast recruits question other BE Schools, perhaps Rutgers, UConn, WV, etc... take a hit and we can capitalize. I look forward to seeing what new names might pop up and see what top recruits we might be able to get back in with given this development.
  2. Fundraising - This is more for Hoops and Jim Boeheim might not like it, but I can see an immediate bump in hoops fundraising so big donors can get access to tickets for away games at Cameron, Dean Smith Center and the Comcast Center. It might help in finally getting the needed $$ to announce the new football practice facility (hope that Dr. Gross is making that happen as we speak in LA).

Good points. I'm just stoked that I might be seeing Orange in the Raleigh area now.

It has been alluded to, but besides the scheduling shifts, it will be very interesting to me to see how this affects:
  1. Recruiting - I don't mean long term, but I mean this year. This news has to help us in Florida and in other areas in the Mid-Atlantic and South being able to say that we will be playing a lot more in these areas being in the ACC. May hurt our recent efforts in Ohio / Michigan (but don't think so). PLUS if the uncertainty of the Big East makes some Northeast recruits question other BE Schools, perhaps Rutgers, UConn, WV, etc... take a hit and we can capitalize. I look forward to seeing what new names might pop up and see what top recruits we might be able to get back in with given this development.
  2. Fundraising - This is more for Hoops and Jim Boeheim might not like it, but I can see an immediate bump in hoops fundraising so big donors can get access to tickets for away games at Cameron, Dean Smith Center and the Comcast Center. It might help in finally getting the needed $$ to announce the new football practice facility (hope that Dr. Gross is making that happen as we speak in LA).

3. SU association with some of the best schools in the country (Pitt, UNC, UVA, Duke ...) is likely to reflect well on SU's ability to attract more student applications.

4. Beyond sports, this move is likely to position SU for greater alumni donations for the University.

Good points. I'm just stoked that I might be seeing Orange in the Raleigh area now.
I'll be there with you. The Marine Corps thrives in the middle to lower Atlantic region.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom