ACC Network Thread | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

ACC Network Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, there's DirecTV. And, AT&T (who has owned it the past few years) has been spending coin on laying fiber in areas as well to enhance its internet speeds.

They are as long as you live in a high density area.

Just got a notice from FIOS that my rates will soon be going up by an unidentified amount. Guess I'm gonna have to do an Okie Doke and play them off against Spectrum.

I might stop watching TV. $2400/on cable and internet. Too much

I hear ya, but it's the price we pay for live sports. Us gluten consumers can't appear to live without it, and the powers that be are well aware of this, therefore, clearly in the driver's seat. These enormous TV revenues paid out to the NFL, NBA, P5 conferences, etc. to support the ludicrous salaries of players, coaches, schools today, etc., have to be absorbed somehow.

Depending on what you watch on tv you can get an over the air antenna and watch tv for free. ;)

As you implied previously...if you are fortunate to live in "high density" areas. ;):)

I know. I’m getting closer to making a decision
Interesting article on negotiation status between Disney and Charter, and why the cable companies no longer care if you cut the cord.

The author is confident a deal will get done.

These threads make me laugh.

Fluck all of you.

Go rabbit ears only for tv, watch the 6 & 11 news...grab a paper the next day and pray they give a 15 word summary.

Get rid of your plumbing too why you’re at it.

Go dig a hole in your backyard and shlit in it.

Start collecting wood now to burn in your living room to keep warm this winter.

If you care that much, fluckin pay for it.

Otherwise, shut the Fluck up.

As you implied previously...if you are fortunate to live in "high density" areas. ;):)
I'm not in a high density area. I'm at the end of the line for internet that comes over old copper line. But my antenna works great when the Satellite goes down. ;)

when i asked a spectrum rep earlier this week they basically said they are still negotiating and check back in a few weeks

we've had youtube tv for a few months now. i can't believe it took me so long to cut the cord and switch.
youtube tv isn't very well promoted and hasn't been around long. first i'd heard about it was seeing it my brother-in-law's house.

youtube tv isn't very well promoted and hasn't been around long. first i'd heard about it was seeing it my brother-in-law's house.

It's got the best basic sports channel pack hands down of all the streamers... But yeah, it's not running parody swinger ads either with Ron from Parks & Rec..

I started with sling almost 4 yrs ago... Trialed Hulu... The crappy Spectrum app (that they spammed with 20 channels of QVC, LOL! etc.)

YT TV wins hands down for streaming apps.

Will be very disappointed if Comcast doesn't pick up the ACCN for what I pay on a monthly basis, I should have every sports channel included.

These guys have predicted doom-n-gloom, been pessimistic, and generally skeptics about the ACCN from the very beginning. If this timeline was an outlier, I'd be more concerned. But every other conference network has gone through the same scenario, so...

Last edited:
YouTube tv also has DVR type recording of games that you specify. I have all of last years games available in my “library” ... the scrub through commercials is pretty good too.

YouTube tv also has DVR type recording of games that you specify. I have all of last years games available in my “library” ... the scrub through commercials is pretty good too.
i'm very happy with it. i can watch a game on a phone or tablet while the real housewives of sylvan beach plays on the tv. all of a sudden all my sports watching isn't so bothersome

These threads make me laugh.

Fluck all of you.

Go rabbit ears only for tv, watch the 6 & 11 news...grab a paper the next day and pray they give a 15 word summary.

Get rid of your plumbing too why you’re at it.

Go dig a hole in your backyard and shlit in it.

Start collecting wood now to burn in your living room to keep warm this winter.

If you care that much, fluckin pay for it.

Otherwise, shut the Fluck up.

I'm already doing all these things. Any other thoughts on how I can save some $

If you live in the greater CNY area (Albany area), won't switching to YT put you in the position of potentially having some games blacked out? I've had this issue before trying a streaming service while holding onto TW/Spectrum. Blacked out on the streaming service and late decision by cable company to offer the game on a local channel like SNY as an example.

Status
Not open for further replies.