ACC Network Thread | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

ACC Network Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you live in the greater CNY area (Albany area), won't switching to YT put you in the position of potentially having some games blacked out? I've had this issue before trying a streaming service while holding onto TW/Spectrum. Blacked out on the streaming service and late decision by cable company to offer the game on a local channel like SNY as an example.

I have playstation vue and don't have any issues...I believe I have SNY...I also believe Youtube tv has SNY.

EDIT: Nevermind...I live in the Syracuse area so not sure about Albany. ALhtough, not sure why you would have any issues either.

I have playstation vue and don't have any issues...I believe I have SNY...I also believe Youtube tv has SNY.

EDIT: Nevermind...I live in the Syracuse area so not sure about Albany. ALhtough, not sure why you would have any issues either.

Should be the same then, I would think. Were you able to get every game last year?

If you live in the greater CNY area (Albany area), won't switching to YT put you in the position of potentially having some games blacked out? I've had this issue before trying a streaming service while holding onto TW/Spectrum. Blacked out on the streaming service and late decision by cable company to offer the game on a local channel like SNY as an example.

The games that Raycom has the primary rights to get blacked out.

Spectrum channel 4 (MyTV4) in Albany is the Raycom channel in the Albany market.

So ESPN as the secondary rights carrier would get blacked out for streaming.

I used VPN on my laptop to get around it and stream to my TV with my chromecast stick.

Once your VPN says you are connected from say Denver, CO, ESPN streaming magically works and isn't blacked out.

It's BS tho. Raycom is a dinosaur.

Also, for anyone with YouTubeTV, use this form to request the new ACC network:

Missing your favorite network? - YouTube TV Help

I hear ya, but it's the price we pay for live sports. Us gluten consumers can't appear to live without it, and the powers that be are well aware of this, therefore, clearly in the driver's seat. These enormous TV revenues paid out to the NFL, NBA, P5 conferences, etc. to support the ludicrous salaries of players, coaches, schools today, etc., have to be absorbed somehow.
Who needs live tv when you have the Syracuse in-game thread...

samuel-l-jackson-stare.gif

Found this from ACC Media day and Swofford. SU fans in Onondaga county with Spectrum should probably do the same. Sitting back and expecting it "just to happen" is just being naive at this point.

It’s still better to actually see the wins over Clemson with your own eyes. ;)

I’ll be back in Clemson next year to see it in person...

Comcast newest response to asking about getting the ACCN is that ESPN has sent them a contract and they are reviewing it.

Is there any hope that Spectrum will have the ACCN?

I went in on YouTubeTV last night so I'm hoping that gets picked up. Otherwise I guess I'll switch to PSVue or Hulu or whatever.

Hoping for YouTube tv as well. Still irritated that with all this headed our way, we still have to watch the first two games on a completely separate pay service (ESPN+).

Edit: my bad, I got bad info on the Maryland game it looks like it should be espn or espn2. So now I’m only irritated over one game.:mad:

Hoping for YouTube tv as well. Still irritated that with all this headed our way, we still have to watch the first two games on a completely separate pay service (ESPN+).

Edit: my bad, I got bad info on the Maryland game it looks like it should be espn or espn2. So now I’m only irritated over one game.:mad:
I'm ignorant - you can buy ESPN+ straight up though, right?

So come to think of it, do we know when our first football game on ACCN will be, and how many of them there will be?

So come to think of it, do we know when our first football game on ACCN will be, and how many of them there will be?
It's not the first 3 weeks of the season.
It's not the Thursday night game vs NIT State.
It's not the Friday night game vs Pitt.

5 down, 7 to go...

I'm ignorant - you can buy ESPN+ straight up though, right?
Yes. It just seems that even though we’re getting our own network, things are getting more difficult instead of easier.

ACC Network deals with cable companies ‘very close’

"The launch of the SEC Network provides some perspective. When that network was launched in 2014, ESPN’s deal with Comcast was announced July 18 of that year. The DirecTV deal was made public Aug. 4, followed two days later by Charter. Verizon FiOS’ deal was announced Aug. 26, in time for the network’s first games two days later."

It's not the first 3 weeks of the season.
It's not the Thursday night game vs NIT State.
It's not the Friday night game vs Pitt.

5 down, 7 to go...

id think its a safe bet western michigan will be

Comcast newest response to asking about getting the ACCN is that ESPN has sent them a contract and they are reviewing it.

It’s absolutely ludicrous that Comcast carries the SEC, Big 10 and PAC 12 networks in the Northeast but can’t pull the trigger on the ACC.

Status
Not open for further replies.