ACC Network Thread | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

ACC Network Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
i can definately see the exact switch you mentioned putting acc network in select for local market and silver outside with sec sliding up to silver

Agree. It will be depending if you're in an ACC market or not but would be shocked if local markets aren't select.

so if the story is true about 2/3 of the game will still be streaming just like they are today on ESPN. So you still get the same issues with drop outs, logins, buffering and low quality video..

I get that SU gets more money but for most sports its not changing anything.

IF they would just fix the APPs it would be so much better.

I think the big issue is that for people whose carriers dont sign on, streaming will be back to using other peoples accts or going down some dark URL road.. At some point they will make that go away or at least make it harder.. its not like they can find those streams and make life tough on the sites doing the streaming or even block them. you can see a day where the ISP who provides the channels locally to you will have a real time blacklist and others who dont offer it will have to honor it as well, like a do not call list.

Last edited:
so if the story is true about 2/3 of the game will still be streaming just like they are today on ESPN. So you still get the same issues with drop outs, logins, buffering and low quality video..

I think the big issue is that for people whose carriers dont sign on, streaming will be back to using other peoples accts or going down some dark URL road.. At some point they will make that go away or at least make it harder.. its not like they can find those streams and make life tough on the sites doing the streaming or even block them. you can see a day where the ISP who provides the channels locally to you will have a real time blacklist and others who dont offer it will have to honor it as well, like a do not call list.

yes espn and abc will have games then 2 or 3 on acc network(raycom and rsn games) then maybe some on accnetwork extra or the alternatite channel during peak non conference weaks

If you are talking about men’s basketball and football, no, 2/3s of the game will not be streamed. That was never the case and never will be. There will be at least one additional linear channel outlet to feature ACC content, so more games will be shown on live traditional TV than ever before in men’s basketball and football.

The other sports will have far more games on traditional linear channels (mostly ACCN and maybe ACCN2) and a ton more games streamed (including all home games in all sports for Syracuse sports). The games will be broadcast using top quality equipment. There are direct fiber links to all venues on all ACC campuses.

All ACC schools are going to have new, top quality control rooms, top of the line cameras and other supporting equipment.

If you have problems watching them, I think it will be on your end. I am sure there will be exceptions, especially early, but if you get decent equipment and a good internet connection, you should be fine.

If that guy passes on any information he should be fired or your brother should assuming he has an NDA

If you chase a source of inside information off this board, then I’ll Blues Clues Skidoo through the internet and bop you on the nose with a rolled up newspaper.

No GoSU96! We do that outside!

Thats almost always on your end. Proper set up? Almost never a prob. (Except that time I tried to stream Sling through an Xbox. Bad idea, at the time)

Thats almost always on your end. Proper set up? Almost never a prob. (Except that time I tried to stream Sling through an Xbox. Bad idea, at the time)
i watch espn all the time on multiple gigabit networks including work. the login issue will never go away thats by design, buffering happens way to often and there is no good way to flip between games on any of the apps.

i watch espn all the time on multiple gigabit networks including work. the login issue will never go away thats by design, buffering happens way to often and there is no good way to flip between games on any of the apps.
I log in once- the day I set it up, and never again. Never buffer. A gigabit is capable of streaming 333,333 separate channels, simultanously. What app?

I would like to understand how we stack up to what all the other ACC schools are putting in place as far as equipment, control rooms, production, etc. when it’s all said and done, how will we be differentiated like we should be considering our Newhouse school.

I would like to understand how we stack up to what all the other ACC schools are putting in place as far as equipment, control rooms, production, etc. when it’s all said and done, how will we be differentiated like we should be considering our Newhouse school.

What other schools are having to put in Syracuse already has in facilities. Plus check out the twitter account.
Cuse ACCN @cuseACCN

A good question. I think two related things are known. It's my understanding SU is the only school producing every home game in every sport. Second of course is on air talent.

A good question. I think two related things are known. It's my understanding SU is the only school producing every home game in every sport. Second of course is on air talent.
They also produced some away games this year.

I know Syracuse does the most live broadcasts. That goes for schools in the ACC and schools in the entire country. I know Syracuse is the only ACC school that does live pregame, halftime and post game shows. I know Syracuse has by far the most qualified senior staff leading the production and direction of the broadcasts.

I have never heard of a communications school at FSU. Perhaps they have one. Thry probably do a decent job and might well be #2 in the ACC. Props to them for trying.

I log in once- the day I set it up, and never again. Never buffer. A gigabit is capable of streaming 333,333 separate channels, simultanously. What app?

Same here. Signed in once and have never had any buffering issues between PlayStation Vue, or YoutubeTv.

Same here. Signed in once and have never had any buffering issues between PlayStation Vue, or YoutubeTv.
Sling, Fubo, YouTubeTV, CBSsports, ESPN, no prob. (minus Sling through poor xbox servers, fixed by not using xbox). Hulu, Netflix, Prime, HBO2Go no issue.

I think the issue is that the apps dont handle mutliple devices and logins. I probably login from 15-20 different devices and often 2-3 logins at a time to watch multiple games.

the only platform that i find stable is my phone if i am in a 4g network.

I think the issue is that the apps dont handle mutliple devices and logins. I probably login from 15-20 different devices and often 2-3 logins at a time to watch multiple games.

the only platform that i find stable is my phone if i am in a 4g network.
Yes. Each service only allows a certain # of devices. Netflix premium 4, Sling Basic 1, etc... 15-20 would cause issues, because they're trying to keep your entire neighborhood from sharing one account. That will never change.

Phone may work well, because it may be an originally authorized device. 4g is mediocre, as only 50megs is available in each direction per tower. (At least that's what the cell techs told me a couple years back). Anything over 5Meg should be buffer free.(barring network issue- home or internet)

In regards to a gigabit network. You may be referring to the in house T100/T1000 Ethernet network, or intra office WAN. The actual internet speed could be much different. You may be going through a VPN, firewalls, throttling, or restricted bandwidth from your IT department, as they will be discouraging, ya know, watching TV at work, or multitude of employees streaming Pandora.

Status
Not open for further replies.