ACC Network | Syracusefan.com

ACC Network

CusefanATL

2018 Iggy Post Season Record NCAA Winner
Forget my username... I live just outside of Rochester now. And to preface what Im about to say - I have season tickets - I also have a 2 yr old and a 4 month old. I have to be somewhat picky about the games I go to - and Im going to the football game on Saturday.

As I was saying I live in Rochester NY - I watched the Uconn - scrub game yesterday on TV. Live, no delays. No annoying computer like headache. The 1st 2 Cuse games (and i think will be 1st 5 and something like 12 overall this season) have been on WatchESPN.

I got blasted by a few mediocre people (I only say mediocre because you accept mediocrity in your life) for complaining about watchespn and how amazing it is. Well - now I am hardwired in - and have done my research at 2 different homes on top of mine (just in case my internet was somehow the worst in the world - its not)

watcheson is 75-90 seconds behind real time. It has a decent picture with little movement but when there is a fast break or lots of movement its clear it is steaming. it has the very momentary type lapses. I think i am explaining it well - but the best way to put it is that it is still light years behind HD TV and that is not questionable. Again - I have tried it on Apple TV - wifi and hardwire, Amazon fire - wifi - and in 2 other homes with their set ups. I am also not the only 1.

Why can I watch Uconn games on TV? And its more than likely going to be just about all of them on SNY and NOT Syracuse. Why do we accept such mediocrity?

I hear ya brother. Growing up in the ADKs I got every Syracuse game. Now years later I live in Rochester, an hour closer to the Dome and I have to check out the early season on my phone. Kinda silly EVERY Cuse game isn't on TV within a 2 hour radius of Syracuse with a post game show after. For the type of program we are with the fan base we have it stinks this is the way it has to be.

Forget my username... I live just outside of Rochester now. And to preface what Im about to say - I have season tickets - I also have a 2 yr old and a 4 month old. I have to be somewhat picky about the games I go to - and Im going to the football game on Saturday.

As I was saying I live in Rochester NY - I watched the Uconn - scrub game yesterday on TV. Live, no delays. No annoying computer like headache. The 1st 2 Cuse games (and i think will be 1st 5 and something like 12 overall this season) have been on WatchESPN.

I got blasted by a few mediocre people (I only say mediocre because you accept mediocrity in your life) for complaining about watchespn and how amazing it is. Well - now I am hardwired in - and have done my research at 2 different homes on top of mine (just in case my internet was somehow the worst in the world - its not)

watcheson is 75-90 seconds behind real time. It has a decent picture with little movement but when there is a fast break or lots of movement its clear it is steaming. it has the very momentary type lapses. I think i am explaining it well - but the best way to put it is that it is still light years behind HD TV and that is not questionable. Again - I have tried it on Apple TV - wifi and hardwire, Amazon fire - wifi - and in 2 other homes with their set ups. I am also not the only 1.

Why can I watch Uconn games on TV? And its more than likely going to be just about all of them on SNY and NOT Syracuse. Why do we accept such mediocrity?

We no longer have any ties to SNY. That blew up when we left the Big East and joined a predominantly Southern conference.

Although I will add that WatchESPN did crap out during the football game this week.

We no longer have any ties to SNY. That blew up when we left the Big East and joined a predominantly Southern conference.

Honestly... Im trying to be patient... i really am. I couldn't care less if the game is on SNY or Time Warner or ESPN.

I live 60 miles from Syracuse - every single game NEEDS to be on TV. Instead - the south caronlina game will be on watch espn. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! I think I counted 12 games on WatchEspn this season including numerous ACC games. Last year they all would have been on Time warner. This year with the new deal - ZERO. That is insane.

I do get the games televised on any of the regular ESPN networks. Being in Canada I am not allowed to get ESPN3 or WatchESPN. However, I am fortunate to be able to have a few streaming sites which provide me with my fix. The two exhibition games were "garbage" to say the least - very jerky. About all that you could follow was the score. The last two games the stream quality has been excellent (as streaming goes) and I believe my streaming site picks up the WatchESPN feed. Contrary to what was said by a previous poster, I actually have not had a problem with fast breaks or quick ball movement or things of that nature. I'm a happy camper so far.

I'm using Roku and my Samsung 60" LCD. The game tonight was indistinguishable from a regular HD broadcast.

I have 50 mbps internet which I'm told is good. I routinely test it during the game and get 30-50 mbps. Again its decent enough with little movement. But as soon as there is running up and down the court, it becomes obvious that its a stream. I was patient and tried hardwiring and everything. I've also confirmed it in 2 other homes. But it is very distinguishable in every place I've ever watched a stream. so maybe you have the best internet in the country, I'm not sure.

And its definitely 60+ seconds behind for everyone. When I'm watching bball - I like to have a box score up. And it is very frustrating. I don't think I should have to change by habits because we went back a decade in time with technology over some size competition. Just let Time Warner show the freaking games locally.

I do get the games televised on any of the regular ESPN networks. Being in Canada I am not allowed to get ESPN3 or WatchESPN. However, I am fortunate to be able to have a few streaming sites which provide me with my fix. The two exhibition games were "garbage" to say the least - very jerky. About all that you could follow was the score. The last two games the stream quality has been excellent (as streaming goes) and I believe my streaming site picks up the WatchESPN feed. Contrary to what was said by a previous poster, I actually have not had a problem with fast breaks or quick ball movement or things of that nature. I'm a happy camper so far.

You can't tell a difference between hd tv and the stream? I would have believed it a month ago when i was getting lambasted - but not anymore after i hardwired and went to other homes to watch it. There is a huge difference.

I'd love to watch side by side - but the streaming would be 3-6 possessions behind.

Although I will add that WatchESPN did crap out during the football game this week.

I think that was universal. I couldn't watch it on my xbox, computer, chromecast, roku you name it.

Honestly... Im trying to be patient... i really am. I couldn't care less if the game is on SNY or Time Warner or ESPN.

I live 60 miles from Syracuse - every single game NEEDS to be on TV. Instead - the south caronlina game will be on watch espn. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! I think I counted 12 games on WatchEspn this season including numerous ACC games. Last year they all would have been on Time warner. This year with the new deal - ZERO. That is insane.

6 games on the ACC Network Extra:

Colgate
Holy Cross
Monmouth
South Carolina St
South Carolina
North Florida.

Every conference game is on either ESPN or CBS or one of the RSN's (either MSG or YES) or the ACC Network (probably WHAM in Rochester).

You do realize that "ACC Network Extra" and "ACC Network" are two different things.

Chromecast, used with my iPhone. Sometimes I am 1-1.5 minutes of gametime behind, but if I close the app and re-open, it's pretty good.

My only complaint is that instead of true 'live' HD, the picture is HD but looks like 'film', if you know what I am trying to say here. It looks like an hour-long TV show instead of a live broadcast.

You do realize that "ACC Network Extra" and "ACC Network" are two different things.

I did not. Which makes me equally embarrassed and equally happy.

That being said 6 games on acc network extra when i live in Roch and not Atlanta is still outrageous. But I'll live with it and shut up.

I did clarify that the reception was excellent from a "streaming" standpoint. Definitely not comparative to HD TV.

Gotcha - yeah I'll say mine is excellent for streaming too. But its not acceptable for me to ever get worse. So I don't understand the thought process behind going to ACC Network Extra where the streaming isn't as good and its 60+ seconds behind.

Duke has 4 games on the ACC Network extra...like you said we have many more. Duke fans can watch all their regular season games, but 2, on television.

Bummer for people who never figured out how to program their VCR. Lots of elderly folks just don't want to mess with watchespn or rokus, etc.

With possibly more to come, we've got something like 11 ACC Network Extra games plus an espn3 game that will require the hardware and the ability to figure out how use it .

I thought the quality sucked tonight. Much different than last game. I tried Apple TV, firestick, different tv's. Nothing worked.

More ACC indifference or outright intentional diminishing of the Syracuse brand .

WatchESPN on my iPad Pro was and has been excellent for me in Ohio.

Another frustration I have is regional blackouts. As mentioned I live in Canada and have Dish Network (don't tell anyone) and according to them I live in Watertown, NY. I pay extra for all the sports packages. In previous years a lot of the non conference games would be reflected in my guide on about 10 regional sports channels. However, I am blacked out on them all due to my registered location. Even away games like Miami I get blacked out. Same holds true for pro teams like my Islanders and even the Knicks (NHL network and NBA Network respectively). I would gladly pay a premium for availability of all SU hoops games on a special network on my satellite service. Just have to live with streaming until ESPN and CBS start broadcasting the games.

I've been happy with the Watch ESPN feed through my Roku with Time Warner Cable wired here in Henrietta. The feed is behind real time but I do not care in the least - since I'm not doing anything else but watching the game when it is on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom