ACC Network | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

ACC Network

Last edited:
So how many people, who had access to time warner in NY, watched on their acc network extra?

its not really how great your internet is to decide what kind of picture you get on ESPN3. better will be better but other factors mess with it too. you can have a great connection but thats just to your ISP speed and you can still get a bad picture if some place else is having an issue.. I have Gigabet speed at work and still have days where the transmission is poor. The big issue is lousy transmission coding from ESPN in the first place.. You can get great quality with 5 MB speed if its done right..

Check out the transmissions from Netflix/Amazon/ESPN and see how much data you are really using. netflix does a good job of getting you a watchable picture but they pound your network with over saturation. Amazon gives you the same picture with 1/10 the bandwidth being used. ESPN downgrades your picture when you have what it thinks are slower speeds but it doesnt really need to and it causes it to be the least stable streaming picture of almost any of the streaming services.

Whether I watch the game on my TV via Roku and the WatchESPN app (first two games) or on my computer via ESPN.com (tonight's game), my picture has been crystal clear for all three games so far. I am a Spectrum (formerly TWC) subscriber in downstate New York.

Cheers,
Neil

Thought I would post again in this thread. My frustration of no TV for SU so far is exploding knowing that I could get every Duke game so far on my TV :mad: :mad:

Rant over.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom