ACC Network | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

ACC Network

depends on the TV for most newer ones no, but its also brand specific as to what Apps they support. my samsung smart tv wont work but my roku/fire tvs are fine.

depends on the TV for most newer ones no, but its also brand specific as to what Apps they support. my samsung smart tv wont work but my roku/fire tvs are fine.

Good to know. Thought Samsung Smart TVs had the Apple TV app.

If you have a "Smart TV" do you still need the additional itermediary (ie. Apple TV or Roku?) for YTTV?
I cannot speak for every brand (although I expect it's true for all Smart TVs), but my LG came with Sling, Netflix, Prime Video, hulu, VUDU, Google Play, and YouTube all preloaded. You just have to update the app when you take it on-line. You can also go to the LG Content Store and download other apps such as YouTube TV, Spotify Music, and many others, including games.

Last edited:
I have a Samsung "smart tv" but I use a Roku streaming stick. It just seemed easier and faster for me.

Sounds like you have a cable provider who doesn't carry which is more of a problem with your cable provider and not the ACC Network. My suggestion would be find a provider who does carry the ACC Network like a Direct TV or add one of the streaming options who does. The new channel works out quite well for most people on the East Coast as it is added content and devoted solely to the ACC.
Not my issue but is for some SU fans I know; great reply!

going to be lots of shakeup the next few yrs.. these streaming apps taking small margins early to create Churn but people are showing they have no loyalty either.

Update to my situation: I found I can tune in the actual live ACC Network channel if I use the ATT TV App. I still don't think I can get ACCNX, nor can I get any replays of anything as far as I can tell. The ESPN App still gives me the finger when I use my ATT TV login. But at least I should have a solution to watch the Virginia game.

Update to my situation: I found I can tune in the actual live ACC Network channel if I use the ATT TV App. I still don't think I can get ACCNX, nor can I get any replays of anything as far as I can tell. The ESPN App still gives me the finger when I use my ATT TV login. But at least I should have a solution to watch the Virginia game.
This is correct. I also use ATT TV as my main streaming platform, and I can only watch the ACCN live on the ATT TV app. There’s still an issue with the ESPN app - hoping that gets resolved soon. I resurrected my YouTube TV account for the next 30 days so I can watch our games on ACCNX.

Right now in the Virginia market, Verizon FiOS internet is being offered at $39.99/month for 100Mps. (You can get 300 Mps for $59.99). Maybe it's available for that where you live. Supposedly, 25 Mps is enough for 4K video, so unless your house is full of kids playing Halo while you're watching the game, that should be enough speed. There's an additional fee for the router, but you can buy a better one than your ISP rents to you, and it will pay for itself in a year, or so, depending on the one you buy. Mesh would be a different story. Sling (Orange + Sports package), Hulu, YouTube TV, and PS Vue will run $35 to $50 a month, and they all have the ACCN.

I have been a FIOS customer for a long time, since it was first offered in the Syracuse area. The introductory offers are insanely cheap, but the price goes up fast. I left them for a year or two over rising prices, but the difference in quality between FIOS and (what was then) Time Warner Cable was substantial.

So I went back and am paying $240/month for 100/100 Internet, medium tier of programming, HBO and Showtime. It's a lot to pay. I would be more comfortable with a bill closer to $200, but my wife is addicted to those 2 pay services, which cost us about $40 on the bill.

As big as the ACC is (15 teams) you would think they would have allocated at least 2 channels to the package. Like every other conference that has a cable presence.

Watching a soccer shootout for 10 min instead of L'ville/Miami was grating.

As big as the ACC is (15 teams) you would think they would have allocated at least 2 channels to the package. Like every other conference that has a cable presence.

Since Syracuse won the soccer shootout, and the win might have guaranteed us a spot in the NCAA's, I'd think that 99% of Syracuse fans would be happy.

You must be in the other 1%.

Since Syracuse won the soccer shootout, and the win might have guaranteed us a spot in the NCAA's, I'd think that 99% of Syracuse fans would be happy.

You must be in the other 1%.
It's great they won, but I don't really care about college soccer.
If they had 2 channels they could have moved the soccer to a different one.

It's great they won, but I don't really care about college soccer.
If they had 2 channels they could have moved the soccer to a different one.
Since the ACC has great Olympic sports and a second linear channel is going to be used 99% of the time for showing Olympics sports, I think it is likely a second linear channel will pop up some time down the road.

But it is easy to watch ACC Network extra content on your TV. Why didn't you do that until the shootout was over? There is so much content the ACC televises, 2 linear channels won't be enough to show everything live. I think it would be prudent to develop a strategy for watching ACCN extra content as needed. Then you never have to miss a second of action.

Does SEC Network have 2 channels? I'm not 100% sure but i don't believe so. If you wanted to watch the start of Louisville and Miami so bad you could have streamed it on ACC/Espn app

With a Smart TV; YoutubeTV will work. Time Warner should be avoided; they play games; if you wish to add Watch ACC you need to give up whole-house recording.

scam-alert.jpg

Does SEC Network have 2 channels? I'm not 100% sure but i don't believe so. If you wanted to watch the start of Louisville and Miami so bad you could have streamed it on ACC/Espn app
It does on my setup for Spectrum in CNY. But I don't think I have ever seen anything shown live on it. The BTN network doesn't have a second channel.

I think with everything being streamed, this is kind of an antiquated concept.

It does on my setup for Spectrum in CNY. But I don't think I have ever seen anything shown live on it. The BTN network doesn't have a second channel.

I think with everything being streamed, this is kind of an antiquated concept.

The SEC does have an alternate channel but it's very rarely used. I think I have only seen one basketball game ever on it. The Big 10 does have two alternate channels but the only time they ever use them is for football games on Saturday. They never show different basketball games on them.

My Comcast system doesn't have the SECN overflow, but does have the 2 overflow channels for the BTN. There are enough open slot for them to have the ACCN (and an overflow) when the finally get off the dime.

I’m curious to see how the ACCN handles lacrosse coverage in the spring.

I would hope we'd get almost all the games. What else are they going to show? I guess they have baseball that same time of year but I would think lacrosse would be a good attraction for the network.

I would hope we'd get almost all the games. What else are they going to show? I guess they have baseball that same time of year but I would think lacrosse would be a good attraction for the network.

Yeah, that’s my concern. In recent years, with ESPN3 as an independent source, pretty sure we got almost every game except for an odd weeknight game at Hofstra or Cornell. I realize we have ACCNX as another outlet, but there’s going to be a lot of competition with other ACC lax and baseball games (not to mention ACC softball and women’s lacrosse). I guess we’ll see.

I’m curious to see how the ACCN handles lacrosse coverage in the spring.
I think there's a good possibility that there will be a tripleheader each Saturday during the Lax season, with some combination of a baseball, softball, and MLax game at noon, 3:30, and 7 PM, just like football does.

Late edit: We have a Sunday home game vs. Utah and I would imagine that would have about a 99.99% chance of being on the ACCN.

Any home LAX games not on ESPNU or ACCN should be streamed on ACCNX.

Out of conference road games would be covered by the home team's TV deal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom