ACC Officiating sucks | Syracusefan.com

ACC Officiating sucks

We're outsiders in this conference. We should expect to be on the receiving end of these BS calls for a very long time.

How bout when the ball clearly went off lammers, the ref is right on the baseline looking directly at the play, and says tech ball.

Refs are embarrassing.
He touched it like 3 times too. Unreal.

Ridiculous at this point. Let the players decide the game I thought right?

Even TV announcers said it was a bad call , should never happen this late in the game

The worst (non)-call of them all was the one with 8:01 left in the first half. Moore drove to the baseline and his right foot comes down pretty far out of bounds before he makes a pass.

The ref was sitting a few feet away from him and somehow doesn't call it.

That's odd. Seems like quite a few folks wanted the officials to decide the Louisville game.

There is one of those officials that should be investigated...he called an important shooting foul where Gillon would have been on the line a floor-foul...he called that embarrassing (for him) moving screen, and he called that out of bounds on Lydon.

The reason he should be investigated? The Tech player actually touched the ball (probably) AGAIN on the way out of bounds, before the ball even hit the ground. But that referee was so happy to make the call the other way he had stopped watching the play, and started aggressively signaling the ball the other way. Why? He stopped watching the play. He's either bad or there's something going on. I struggle with human error because he also made the screen call

There is one of those officials that should be investigated...he called an important shooting foul where Gillon would have been on the line a floor-foul...he called that embarrassing (for him) moving screen, and he called that out of bounds on Lydon.

The reason he should be investigated? The Tech player actually touched the ball (probably) AGAIN on the way out of bounds, before the ball even hit the ground. But that referee was so happy to make the call the other way he had stopped watching the play, and started aggressively signaling the ball the other way. Why? He stopped watching the play. He's either bad or there's something going on. I struggle with human error because he also made the screen call

totaly agree

Can someone explain to me how an elbow to Lydon's face didn't count as a flagrant foul? Two free throws without taking any time off the clock could have made a huge difference. It clearly wasn't intentional but flagrant fouls don't require intent as far as I understand.

"A flagrant 1 foul involves excessive or severe contact during a live ball, including especially when a player, :...swings an elbow and makes illegal, non-excessive contact with an opponent above the shoulders... The penalty for a flagrant 1 foul is two free throws and a throw-in in for the opposing team at the out-of-bounds of bound spot nearest the foul."

How about the continuation call at the end when gillon has a silly Ole foul and may not have even touched him and he takes three more steps to the basket and lays it in. And 1 of course you silly goose!

Horrid.

Can someone explain to me how an elbow to Lydon's face didn't count as a flagrant foul? Two free throws without taking any time off the clock could have made a huge difference. It clearly wasn't intentional but flagrant fouls don't require intent as far as I understand.

"A flagrant 1 foul involves excessive or severe contact during a live ball, including especially when a player, :...swings an elbow and makes illegal, non-excessive contact with an opponent above the shoulders... The penalty for a flagrant 1 foul is two free throws and a throw-in in for the opposing team at the out-of-bounds of bound spot nearest the foul."

should have been

why not?

How bout when the ball clearly went off lammers, the ref is right on the baseline looking directly at the play, and says tech ball.

Refs are embarrassing.

Or when Frank clearly fouls the ballhandler by nearly ripping his arm off, but the ref bites his whistle just to wait for Gillon to breathe on a guy gathering for a layup so GT could get a chance for the And 1. I almost put my foot through my tv on that play.

When players are elbowed in the face, intentionally or otherwise, isn't it supposed to be automatically reviewed, or no? Cuz Lydon got crushed by an elbow.

Did TV talk about the Tech playing on the endline throwing the ball in during our press late in the game?

Did TV talk about the Tech playing on the endline throwing the ball in during our press late in the game?
Nope, but it was another crucial missed call by the 3 blind mice. So obvious.

The worst (non)-call of them all was the one with 8:01 left in the first half. Moore drove to the baseline and his right foot comes down pretty far out of bounds before he makes a pass.

The ref was sitting a few feet away from him and somehow doesn't call it.

I saw that too! It wasn't close. The ref was looking to call Lydon (I think) for a foul and never even looked down at the kids feet. How do they miss that?

How about the continuation call at the end when gillon has a silly Ole foul and may not have even touched him and he takes three more steps to the basket and lays it in. And 1 of course you silly goose!

Horrid.

The worst part of that play was that Howard clearly grabbed the kids arm at half court and they didn't call the foul.

Is it just me or do ACC refs, this year particularly, seem influenced by home crowds quite a bit? Might explain the difficulty teams are having with trying to win away games. The officiating is soft. Does that mean the officials are soft, too?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom