ACC presser tomorrow | Syracusefan.com

ACC presser tomorrow

rrlbees

Have you donated to an SU NIL collective?
Staff member
McMurphyCBS Brett McMurphy

ACC has announced a media teleconference Sunday morning. Obviously this is about Pitt and Syracuse joining league

Gawd, we always said we'd have to wait for the domino's to fall...

...I just didn't think we'd be the first domino.

So here's a question. When do we become a Voting member?

Wow that was fast guess the application was approved...

Maybe the presser is to say the rumors are BS? :noidea:

Gawd, we always said we'd have to wait for the domino's to fall...

...I just didn't think we'd be the first domino.
Second domino. This move by the ACC (and Pitt/SU) is clearly in response to the TexAM move to the SEC. They want to shore up all of their boarders.

You don't call a press conference to say rumors are B.S.

You simply send out a statement.

A press conference is a confirmation of Pitt and SU moving to the ACC.

First domino. As far as I know...the SEC hasn't formally accepted aTm

You don't call a press conference to say rumors are B.S.

You simply send out a statement.

A press conference is a confirmation of Pitt and SU moving to the ACC.

I wasn't being serious.

First domino. As far as I know...the SEC hasn't formally accepted aTm
The SEC has officially accepted Texas A&M, but legal actions might delay it. The first domino, in reality, is Texas forming the Longhorn Network. If the B12 had gone the route of the Big 10, Big East and ACC and just formed a Big 12 Network, I don't think A&M leaves.

Of course, couldn't we say the first dominoes were actually Nebraska and Colorado last year? And to a lesser extent Utah? Those three jumping conferences are really what started all of the Super Conference talk.

The SEC has officially accepted Texas A&M, but legal actions might delay it. The first domino, in reality, is Texas forming the Longhorn Network. If the B12 had gone the route of the Big 10, Big East and ACC and just formed a Big 12 Network, I don't think A&M leaves.

Of course, couldn't we say the first dominoes were actually Nebraska and Colorado last year? And to a lesser extent Utah? Those three jumping conferences are really what started all of the Super Conference talk.

Nebraska last year was really the first domino

Nebraska and Colorado jumped at approximately the same time, didn't they? I think Colorado might have actually been the first, but Nebraska followed shortly after. Utah also jumped to the Pac-12 right around that same time.

Curious to see what happens the first time Jamie Dixon brings thuggery to Cameron.

ESPN crawl reporting quote from Coach K to the effect that adding Cuse/Pitt is great for the ACC. He supports the move. So I expect the presser is to make it official.

Wow if true this all played out in what 48 hours or less. :cool:

I'm sure they have been working on it longer but it didn't start coming out until Friday night wow

I think everything we need to know is right there in Coach Ks comments. He says "We're adding" two strong basketball programs. We ARE, not we could be or we might. We 'are'. He obviously knows what's going on.

Syracuse is now an ACC member.

Wow if true this all played out in what 48 hours or less. :cool:

I'm sure they have been working on it longer but it didn't start coming out until Friday night wow

That's because they got it right this time! The high ranking official's leak (Friday night's report, etc.) only came out after all of the i's were dotted & t's crossed...unlike the first time debacle in '03, where the leak came out much earlier in the process and then running into all the snags, unforseen politics, etc. Saturday's report of SU's & Pitt's application to the ACC was certainly just a teaser preceeding/allowing for Sunday's formal announcement and acceptance. A well planned out PR stunt all along.

ESPN crawl reporting quote from Coach K to the effect that adding Cuse/Pitt is great for the ACC. He supports the move. So I expect the presser is to make it official.

Did the ACC presidents vote or did they just ask K what they should do?!?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom