ACC QB Numbers | Syracusefan.com

ACC QB Numbers

Didn't he lose a really good WR? A "throw it up and he gets it" kid

Yep that Emezie kid who had 60/800 last year. Either this year they just have a poor WR group or Leary hasn't improved or maybe has taken a step back.

I mean look at Clemson- outside of GT everyone has moved the ball in the air on them, including Furman and LT and NCS/Leary struggled. Good adjustments or weak passing game?

how can you be graded higher than 17/17?

Assuming PFF is driven by yards rushing as well- both of those guys had bigger games running it than Shrader did this past week.

Eh. That has Shrader as #7 in the ACC. PFF has him #4 as a passer and #3 overall (passing and running).

Shrader might be playing his way into NFL draft consideration down the road.

Especially if he puts together another year next season like this one. Why not? He's got the right height / size / athleticism / dual threat capabilities the NFL covets. If he continues to pass consistently, he'll garner consideration.

Shrader might be playing his way into NFL draft consideration down the road.

Especially if he puts together another year next season like this one. Why not? He's got the right height / size / athleticism / dual threat capabilities the NFL covets. If he continues to pass consistently, he'll garner consideration.
Statistics and measurables stack up, but I would be pleasantly surprised if he was drafted. Not because I don’t think he can play at that level but because NFL scouting is a funny gig, I think he’d be more of an UDFA.

Statistics and measurables stack up, but I would be pleasantly surprised if he was drafted. Not because I don’t think he can play at that level but because NFL scouting is a funny gig, I think he’d be more of an UDFA.

Reasonable take -- maybe.

But before this year, I would have predicted that his draft stock was negligible, because he didn't throw well enough. Through 5 games this year, he's been at the top / near the top of QB rankings 3 of the 5 games.

Like you said -- he has the right measureables. QBs are at such a premium, if he dispels the "can't throw" argument, then all it takes is one team to like him. As stated above, he needs to keep this going, but if he does, I can see NFL teams getting excited about his capabilities / leadership aptitude.

I hope Shrader returns next season, but I could easily see him playing in a league like the USFL. Let’s not forget that these players soon will have multiple Spring league options.

It’s not even that “DJ Ukulele” is all that great this year -
It’s that he was really, really not great last year.

I’d say Shrader’s improvement is much more dramatic.
Regardless of whatever that ranking system says.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom