ACC Rejects WVU | Syracusefan.com

ACC Rejects WVU

G

GoCuse44

The Axeman interviewed a newspaper reporter from Charleston, WV, and he confirmed that the ACC rejected WVU on Sunday night. There was no "official" rejection by the SEC at this time.

I hope WVU will land on their feet. Its a great program.

I am thrilled with the position that we are in right now. Can you imagine what the fans of UConn, Rutgers, WVU , etc. are going through right now?

I am thrilled with the position that we are in right now. Can you imagine what the fans of UConn, Rutgers, WVU , etc. are going through right now?

Yep. Exactly what we went through in 2003-2004

I would expect the SEC to keep that application on hold. WVU won't be #14 or #15, but they would make a great #16.

I hope it works out for them.

As the ACC, SEC, Big 10 and Pac 12 expand to 16 schools, they may revist West Virginia when they see who they don't get. They definately deserve to be one of the 64, base don what they've accomplished. There are lot of schools who will be in the 64 without great TV markets. What TV market does Nebraska represent?

They apparently didn't take the news well...

west%2520Virginia%2520Burning%2520Couch.jpg

Still surprised by this development.

Always assumed that WVU would go with Pitt and SU.

Would rather have WVU than either UConn or Rutgers in ACC.

As I indicated yesterday, if it could work, I would like to see the ACC stop at 14 and have the Big East merge with the Big 12, thereby keeping UConn and Rutgers out of the Orange's conference.

Still surprised by this development.

Always assumed that WVU would go with Pitt and SU.

Would rather have WVU than either UConn or Rutgers in ACC.

As I indicated yesterday, if it could work, I would like to see the ACC stop at 14 and have the Big East merge with the Big 12, thereby keeping UConn and Rutgers out of the Orange's conference.

Agreed. The last decade they usually a Top 25 or better program. Hoop has been really good.

That really sucks for WVU...I'm just glad we are in a safe zone right now...no more conference worries... CUSE!

Truly hope WVU lands on their feet...they kept the conference afloat since 2005 and deserve better than being left out. If for some reason they do not, SU should definitely leave the door open for a standing series with WVU in place of the BC series that becomes a conference game.