ACC Schedule Reveal coming Thursday on ACCN | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

ACC Schedule Reveal coming Thursday on ACCN

What's RSN? Aren't those type of games all going to the ACCN?

Regional Sports Networks. The games that are on FOX Sports South, FOX Sports Florida, FOX Sports Sun, FOX Sports Midwest, FOX Sports Indiana, NESN, YES Network, AT&T SPORTSNET Pittsburgh and NBC Sports Washington. We have one more year of them under contract.

Only the Raycom games were sent to the ACCN

Last edited:
I actually forgot about the ACCN so I just flipped it on. The show that is on now is Jordan Cornette and some girl and another guy and they are discussing such great topics such as "late night snacks you are embarrassed to admit you eat" and "songs on your playlist that you are embarrassed that you listen to". Give me a break, ACCN!!!
I watched about 5 mins of that show...turned it off. Just awful

Hosting Duke and UNC on Saturdays. Wow very nice. Should be huge crowds and possibly Gameday for at least one of those matchups.
Let’s not jinx game day like that last time we thought we should have it

Too soon?

No games in the state of North Carolina? Not that I'm complaining, but that has to be a rare feat to not play at Duke, UNC or Wake, especially in a 20 game ACC season.

No games in the state of North Carolina? Not that I'm complaining, but that has to be a rare feat to not play at Duke, UNC or Wake, especially in a 20 game ACC season.

Nor ncstate

That's arguably our best home schedule since the Big East.

1) Senior Day on a Saturday, which hasn't happened too often lately.
2) Duke also on a Saturday.
3) Few home games during Christmas, even with the early conference start. Notre Dame's often been there during the years (and they draw OK anyway on account of the bandwagoners), and VPI's not going to draw regardless of whether students are around.
4) November ACC games should be a tough draw...except when it's our home opener against the defending champs. Should be able to pencil in 25,000 or a little under on a weeknight (or, using last year's accounting methods, 38,000).

Nothing to complain about here. Can't say I'm bullish on the team, but it's a nice home lineup for the fans.

that’s a pretty brutal Feb
True, but it gives our young team a chance to gel by then. If we're considered a bubble team (as usual), it will be an opportunity to pick-up a marquee W .

We got 5 ACC home games scheduled for Saturday, which I know is important to the people going to games from outside CNY. That is nice.

ND has a stretch where they play 4 tough games in the span of 9 days, with 3 of them on the road. I don't see anything quite that bad here.

Again, to me, the big thing I don't want to see are home games scheduled at 9 pm on weekdays. I work for a living and getting home close to midnight is very tough. I am worried the ACCN is going to drive more 9 pm weekday games so that is a big focus for me here.

Looking at the composite schedule, focusing on the ACCN games, it looks like the ACC is planning on having a men's basketball doubleheader most every Wednesday night. The second game of these doubleheaders will be a late start (I am assuming 9 pm, not 9:30 pm).

Looking at it that way, the home game against BC on Wednesday, 1/15 could be a 9 pm game. There are 2 games scheduled for the ACCN that night. The other is ND at GT. One school is going to get stuck with a late start.

Good chance the SU game at Pitt on Wednesday, February 28th will get a 9 pm start too. The other ACCN game scheduled for that night is ND at BC. Time will tell.

We got 5 ACC home games scheduled for Saturday, which I know is important to the people going to games from outside CNY. That is nice.

ND has a stretch where they play 4 tough games in the span of 9 days, with 3 of them on the road. I don't see anything quite that bad here.

Again, to me, the big thing I don't want to see are home games scheduled at 9 pm on weekdays. I work for a living and getting home close to midnight is very tough. I am worried the ACCN is going to drive more 9 pm weekday games so that is a big focus for me here.

Looking at the composite schedule, focusing on the ACCN games, it looks like the ACC is planning on having a men's basketball doubleheader most every Wednesday night. The second game of these doubleheaders will be a late start (I am assuming 9 pm, not 9:30 pm).

Looking at it that way, the home game against BC on Wednesday, 1/15 could be a 9 pm game. There are 2 games scheduled for the ACCN that night. The other is ND at GT. One school is going to get stuck with a late start.

Good chance the SU game at Pitt on Wednesday, February 28th will get a 9 pm start too. The other ACCN game scheduled for that night is ND at BC. Time will tell.

Even better, there are 6 ACC home Saturday games: ND, Pitt, Duke, Wake, Georgia Tech & UNC.

Looks like three of our last four games are on the road, not the best scenario. ACCN didn't give us a lot of love in that show. Got about 30 seconds showing the schedule and no Jay Bilas analysis for us whereas he did several other teams. Looks like they don't expect much from us this year so let's prove them wrong :)

Looks like three of our last four games are on the road, not the best scenario. ACCN didn't give us a lot of love in that show. Got about 30 seconds showing the schedule and no Jay Bilas analysis for us whereas he did several other teams. Looks like they don't expect much from us this year so let's prove them wrong :)
I suspect SU might have asked the ACC to schedule the last couple of conference games away to give the crew doing the renovation a little more time to get it down.

I'm almost to a point in my fandom where I'll just eat tickets for 9:00 p.m. tips.

Forget about working the next day (which is a factor), but it's tough to hang around the house for a couple hours after work and psyche myself up to go out to a game that nobody else seems to want to be at either.

I don't know how you all did it way back when (didn't they have 9:00 p.m. games then? I know most games were at 8:00 p.m. when I was a kid). Lack of media timeout probably helped a little.

I suspect SU might have asked the ACC to schedule the last couple of conference games away to give the crew doing the renovation a little more time to get it down.

We have to be out by March 1.

Really strange to not have a game on Big Monday scheduled this year. With just the Syracuse brand, I would have thought ESPN would want Syracuse on TV at least one time.

When is the last year Syracuse didn't have a Big Monday game?

I wonder if communistcast will allow me to see the ACCN games by then

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom