ACC Schedule Talk | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

ACC Schedule Talk

Talk to fans yes Dr Gross will but the only time I have been up close to him is in or near the VIP area(s). Upper deck for Dr Gross isn't happening.

I think Dr Gross is a good man and doing a solid job (minus GRob) but he isn't at the level I saw from Whit Babcock at UC and maybe he doesn't need to be. I would say we are on a lot more solid footing than UC and don't need to shake as many hands and kiss as many babies to get fans to support the program.
When I was at the Meadowlands for USC a few years ago, I sat upper deck, and bumped into Gross at that level during the lightning delay. He's not going to kiss babies and shake hands but he will definitely have a quick chat if he's not on the run somewhere.

Spending a lot of time in Cincy I heard a lot about him on the sports radio stations, etc. I think he is a very smart man and will do a great job at VT.

I remember the CUSE game at Cincy a couple of years back and he was walking through the upper decks talking to the fans. Have you guys ever seen DG to do this?

I think VT found a winner in Whit.

Dr. Gross doesn't know me from Adam, but when I was a sophomore he let me into the donor-only signing day event at Manley because I asked him while at a basketball game a few days before while he was passing by the student section. I got there, and was interrogated by Chris Gedney (because I had no business being there), but Gross came up and said "he's my guest" and let me in.

Talk to fans yes Dr Gross will but the only time I have been up close to him is in or near the VIP area(s). Upper deck for Dr Gross isn't happening.

I think Dr Gross is a good man and doing a solid job (minus GRob) but he isn't at the level I saw from Whit Babcock at UC and maybe he doesn't need to be. I would say we are on a lot more solid footing than UC and don't need to shake as many hands and kiss as many babies to get fans to support the program.

I would have liked to see who TGD would have hired if he hadn't been forced into firing Coach P when he did.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom